Vertical Tile cards

How come “VERTICAL” tile cards are not really vertical? Under Tile card configuration there is a “Vertical” option under Appearance. It adjusts only icon and title in a vertical manner, but not card features.

This is what I imagine as a VERTICAL Tile card - all features should also be vertical (shutter position in my case).

1 Like

had the same issue previously; if you are looking for a vertical cover slider, here are 2 options:

- use the more info card to show the “more info” window as a card (the slider is vertical)

or my chosen option:

use My Slider v2 and build a custom slider to your liking:

see my examples here:

Probably the question is “why the standard functionality not working?” , or “am I getting this checkbox in a wrong way?”.

Good point, should have added:
I don’t think the tile card was ever designed to have a vertical slider and just re-uses the horizontal light slider approach as in all other HA native cards. The “vertical” checkbox does what’s it’s supposed to do, IE : applying a vertical layout (each element, as-is, on top of each other). Therefore, for any vertical slider you have to rely on custom components. But I agree that all cards should offer a “real” vertical slider option which better reflects standard cover/light wall dimmers.