Very nice idea😎

Hello everyone,
I started domotics recently and I installed Home Assistant on my Raspberry and used it outside the Web interface but although it was very fast it was very difficult to use for fast actions.
So I accidentally untapped myself in this application and I have to tell the truth I wanted to compliment you because it is very accurate and customizable let’s say what I was looking for to be able to display only the devices I use most even though there are many things to review but it seems a nice idea .
Compliments.

3 Likes

Thank you for your trust!
In the end our project is focused on allowing the use of Home Assistant (already widely usable thanks to the work of developers) to everyone without necessarily having to interact with all the devices and therefore risk committing wrong actions.
Soon we will post a post where all the things we would like to do with our application are listed.
Thanks again, the Home Assistant community is simply fantastic !!!

1 Like

Do you mean Domoticz? I actually use them both Domoticz and HA, and let them talk to each other with MQTT, it works pretty well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why using Domoticz also when HA is a very solid code already?
I used Domoticz for 2 years and after that make the switch to HA, first build a test server and play around and later totally switched… never go back. HA is so much flexible then Domoticz. Its harder to understand but at the end better. (for me)

Why using Domoticz also when HA is a very solid code already?

Well HA is still not V1, it’s V0.x meaning I can’t rely on it 100% at this point. HA also needs restarts with every update or config file change, while I never need to restart Domoticz. My current setup means my automations still work even if HA is updating or restarting.

HA is so much flexible then Domoticz.

I agree HA is much more flexable than Domoticz, however it’s still missing some features that I use in Domoticz such as user permissions for devices, notifications for squeezebox devices, etc.

Its harder to understand but at the end better. (for me)

If HA does everything you want then that’s great, I wouldn’t recommend a HA + Domoticz combo for everyone as it can be a pain using together at times, but for me HA + Domoticz + NodeRED is a great combo. :slight_smile:

I was talking about home assistant because I think it’s the best.