Vesternet Dimmer

Just installed a vesternet dimmer - VES-ZW-DIM-001

Issue 1 - Home Assistant isn’t recognising it, which looks to be due to a firmware number mismatch, firmware range is listed as max 1.26, my device is 1.30

Issue 2 - despite power cycling, excluding and readding, re-interviewing - I’m not getting access to all of the Configuration Parameters, so I can’t tell it to use a on/off switch instead of a push/hold switch.

Anyone got any ideas?

This will have no impact on the functionality off the device in HA, with the exception of configuration parameters.

No amount power cycling, excluding and readding, re-interviewing is going to make a difference. Configuration parameters are exposed based on the device configuration file. This device config determines support based on the firmware version, as you noticed. Your options are:

1. Contact Vesternet for support. They are the ones who originally contributed the device config file. It would be helpful if they kept up maintenance and officially added support.
  2. Use the zwave_js.invoke_cc_api service to call to issue a raw Configuration CC Set command. This is not easy to do unless you are a developer. You can find examples in this forum. You cannot use the other service calls to set unknown parameters.
  3. You didn’t say how you are running Z-Wave JS. Switch to Z-Wave JS UI if not using it, and use it’s manual configuration panel, which is the same as point 2 but much easier to do in a UI.
  4. Switch to Z-Wave JS UI and install a custom device config file. You can download the file I linked to, and assuming everything is the same, just change the max firmware version, upload the file, restart ZUI and re-interview the device. Then ZUI and HA will recognize the device and config params. The core add-on does not support this feature. You can optionally submit the update to the node-zwave-js project to include in a future release (or ask Vesternet to do it).
1 Like

Thanks, I’ve already reported it to Vesternet help.
Interestingly, sometimes it would show me some of the config options, but as read-only, and not the one I needed.

Temporarily switching to ZWave-JS-UI sorted me out, thanks for that. (Can’t stay there as it has some issue with Remotec ZRC-90s, but got me sorted :slight_smile: )