vibrationPattern stopped working

Since the last update of HA the vibrationPattern stopped working on my Samsung S21 or it stopped after the latest february update of the S21.

Anyone else noticed this?

service: notify.mobile_app_shanes21
data:
  title: Brandalarm
  data:
    vibrationPattern: 33,51,75,113,170,255,0,38,62,100,160,255
    color: "red"
    channel: "brandalarm"
    importance: high
    priority: high

remember the pattern is only set the first time you create teh channel, you cannot change it either you must create a new channel to see changes to it.

also check that the channel settings itself still has vibrate enabled

Jup, I know. This one has been running for a few years without issue and suddenly stopped working after updating HA and the phone.

Settings on the phone are okay.

have you tried creating a new channel? maybe that one got corrupted?

Jip, doesn’t work. All the other settings work. Just not the vibrationPattern

are there any errors in the companion app logs when the notification is received?

Nope, nothing. The message is exactly what I’ve send that is received and no errors are listed.

app wise teh only thing that changed are Google dependency updates around this, I am afraid it might be a samsung issue introduced after the update. Have you tried wrapping the pattern in quotes? or a different pattern altogether?

Found it… I was using “media_stream: channelname” instead of channel: channelname. Wonder why that was ever working or did something change recently?

Meh, nope not the issue… still doesn’t work for new channels.

thats not what your posted example showed, media_stream is used for other features that dont involve a channel

Well I was wrong… it still doesn’t work for new channels but does work for “old” ones. Well the plot tickens… I’ve always used remove_channel to try it cleanly and always didn’t work. I’ve now added a different channel “ala test123” and now it does work…

remove channel is more of a soft delete and does not remove any settings taht are only set the first time the channel gets created. We also mention this in the docs

https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/notifications/notifications-basic/#removing-a-channel