Video doorbell without cloud?

Ah, unfortunately I think that’s the older generation. Unfortunately due to not having it on-hand I can’t test it out / develop against it at the moment.

Enjoy! Thanks for using :slight_smile:

1 Like

regardless, thank you for your contribution :+1:

good day, is it the same model as mine? if yes, have you got a flashing guide?

It’s a real shame we can’t get button presses. That’s the only notification I’m interested in :frowning:

Hello, Quick question. I think the issue is on my end, but was hoping you might be able to shed some light on the issue.

I’ve been using this for about a week without issue. I use a QNAP nas for my docker containers, and it works great. I updated the firmware on my NAS a day or so ago, and then notice my doorbell was not triggering alerts again. I checked my container, and had this error (and it had stopped)

TypeError: Cannot read property 'events' of undefined                                                                                                    
    at Cam._request (/node_modules/onvif/lib/cam.js:185:15)                                                                                              
    at Cam.createPullPointSubscription (/node_modules/onvif/lib/events.js:86:8)                                                                          
    at Cam._eventRequest (/node_modules/onvif/lib/events.js:250:9)                                                                                       
    at Cam.<anonymous> (/node_modules/onvif/lib/events.js:237:9)                                                                                         
    at Cam.emit (events.js:311:20)                                                                                                                       
    at _addListener (events.js:354:14)                                                                                                                   
    at Cam.addListener (events.js:402:10)                                                                                                                
    at Cam.<anonymous> (/dist/onvif/Subscriber.js:36:15)                                                                                                 
    at Cam.<anonymous> (/node_modules/onvif/lib/cam.js:106:20)                                                                                           
    at Cam.<anonymous> (/node_modules/onvif/lib/cam.js:312:14)        

I tried an older version of the container, and the latest. Same error.

After I restart the conainer, it connects, runs for about a minute, throws that error and then stops. Any thoughts or ideas?

thanks

replying to my own question in case anyone has similiar issues in the future. I found that my doorbell had “locked up” I believe it was because of too many ONVIF streams. Three streams is the limit from what i’ve read.
I have my doorbell connected to my NVR, the docker for onvif2mqtt, and also for still image in HA. I rebooted the doorbell and it’s working again.

1 Like

Dmitri, I have an ezviz db1, that i updated to the latest hikvision f/w. This gives me alexa integration as well as onvif and rtsp, but looks like onvif2mqtt won’t work with this f/w ?
I had to build it and was able to run the dev build, it connects to mqtt and seems to be establishing a connection to the cam, but then fails with an error.
I can help troubleshoot or test if need be, but would be good to get this running.

What’s the error? Thanks.

was few days ago, and I never saved the error, but I think it said something related to PushPointSubscription.
Will have to build and run again as I restored the system to an earlier point yesterday

Can anyone with an Ezviz DB1 indicate whether it also gives a ‘live connection’ with the person ringing the doorbell if your away from your home WiFi? As it runs without cloud or whatsoever I would like to understand if/how that is being done…

Not sure about the ezviz one but the hikvision does

You could circumvent this problem through using Motioneye. I connect all my cams (doorbell is essentially a cam too) only to Motioneye and from there on Motioneye serves stills, streams etc to other software.

That’s also what I do, in combination with tensorflow so instead of being alerted when there’s motion ( wind in trees, birds, sudden change in lighting, etc) I only get alerted when a person is detected

Hi Frank,
If you are using the EZVIZ app, it does run via the cloud. The storage is local, but there is a cloud connection. You do get the live connection away from home – my wife has answered the door from the Jumbo supermarket.

1 Like

Just wanted to pass this along. I’m now able to get motion events naitively in HA.

I did have to do one thing. Not sure if its a doorbell bug, or an HA bug. When DST is enabled on the doorbell, HA reports that the time is one hour off of UTC, and then it also will not use the motion events. I turned off DST, changed the timezone so that the time was correct, and now the doorbell is reporting motion. It actually adds three binary sensors
cell_motion_detection
camera_field_detection
camera_motion_alarm

The motion alarm is motion, about a second later the cell motion detection also turns on.

Field detection (so far) does nothing for me. Doorbell press still not reported (as expected)

@dfarkov I see that in your docker page you have not tested the Nelly. I have a Nelly doorbel. I can test this if you’d like for home assistant. Please advise what I need to do to help. Do I need to install Docker from HACs first?

Due to a nice discount my Ezviz DB1 will arrive tomorrow. Based on your, much longer, experience: which firmware would you propose? Sticking with the original one of flashing the LaCie or the RCA one?

Hoi @fversteegen, where did you get the discount?

Via bcc.nl it currently is priced at € 74 which is quite good in my opinion. I flashed the Hikvision firmware to allowe onvif. Currently working on adding a relay so I can still use my KAKU doorbell next to the app (and also allow actions based on doorbell push which unfortunately isn’t available through the doorbell itself)

1 Like