Video, voice, doorbell, intercom

Hi. there are several dovices able to ring, transmitt video, sound (mix-speaker), has PIR and some relay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-720P-Wireless-Wi-Fi-Doorbell-PIR-Remote-Video-Camera-Door-Intercom-Monitor/352174229514?hash=item51ff38480a:m:m7YbbLsTdAEcQxJDN3BCyHQ

Anyway I´m not sure if this will be portable to HA. So what should be another way how to do it?

RF doorbell - done
IP camera - done
intercom - how to do this?
show specific panel after doorbell button pushed (ipcamera and button to activate intercom) on hadashboard - how to do this?

Scenario: If someone rings it will show IPcamera stream and button to activate/deactivate “intercom” to communicate with anybody standing behind the door.

Well some IP cameras hass even speaker and mic built in. It is not 100% - the quality is poor but could be acceptable, problem is how to get this functionality to HA.

1 Like

Anybody? I just need two way audio. I would create screen where will be camera output and button for on/off two way audio (mute microphone).

Hi Jiran, I’m trying to do just the same as you are. I got myself a myStrom wifi button and have hacked the audio connections of a bullet outdoor camera that supports two way audio and created myself a little project box with the button, speaker and mic that sits outside my front gate. The idea is that when the button is pressed I get a message on the devices I choose (my phone, wife’s, HADashboard…) and as you mentioned be able to communicate via those devices i.e. hadashboard through a video stream with two way audio, button to open the gate… I’m still trying to get my head around HA though, having some problems setting up Appdaemon too.

My camera can be accessed through an rtsp stream, I’ve tested it through VLC, so I suppose all I have to do is write a component that will integrate VLC for the video stream and will be called when it registers the event of the button being pressed. The stream will have the audio coming from the camera, but I don’t know how to relay the audio from the other side (phone, tablet with hadashboard…) to the camera’s speaker (mounted in the box)

I’ll let you know if I get any further with this, and please do keep us informed on your progress.

All the best.

3 Likes

Hi i want to do exactly the same. Has someone found a solution already?
I also managed to get the videostream in home assistant as camera.
The doorbell works

But the 2 way audio is the problem :frowning:

Hey, I’m currently looking at this:

together with the ONVIF documentation:
https://www.onvif.org/onvif/ver20/util/operationIndex.html

Hi
Is any chance to implement to Home Assistant Hikvision Video Intercom DS-KV8102-1A

1 Like

Same request here… I have same model, just two buttons…
How can I implement HIK Vision video intercom to HA?

Is any chance to implement HikVision intercom to HA ? Please help us…

of all the smarthomes! someone got to have solution to two way audio on hass

Recently I read somewhere about someone using the voice call option of telegram to a telegram client hosted on a raspberry pi to setup two-way communication. Don’t remember the pro’s and con’s anymore.

Who did it?