Viessmann Component

I’d suggest to use the service vicare_mode instead in your case:

The majority of users do have the forcedReduced and forcedNormal but I guess we need to think about fallbacks in case they don’t.
Which vicare_modes would you expect in your case to match the predefined Home Assistant HVAC states off/heat/auto?

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I need your support on a potentially breaking change:
Several users have reported problems with the precision for current and target temperature.
I’m considering to fix it by increasing the precision of current temperature to tenths of degrees and at the same time allowing only whole degrees for the target temperature.

This means you won’t be able to set the temperature on the climate entity with 0.5 degree steps anymore.
This never worked for me and obviously most other people. If it ever worked for you please let us know in this thread. Then we might need to make the temperature steps configurable.

Here’s the proposed change: https://github.com/oischinger/ha_vicare/pull/88

1 Like

On Vitodens 200W only whole numbers were working for target temperature. So this change is ok for me.

On my Vitocal 222-S the target temperature can also only be set in full °C. Same as in the ViCare app.

TL;DR: Full degrees are absolutely sufficient!

Until recently I was actually unsure, what the target temperature on my heat pump was exactly doing. After all it does NOT set the target temp in the rooms. The Vitocal does not even have any room temp sensor that would allow this kind of control.

What the target temp really does is changing the bias of the heat curve. Vitocal uses this curve to calculate the needed supply temperature for the floor heating from the outside temp. So changing the target temp is exactly equivalent to changing the heating curve shift parameter. This parameter can also only be changed in full °C. This is actually sufficient as it only changes the temp of the water pumped into the system. The fine tuning is done through the room thermostats, not through the target temp setting on the central heat pump.

So full degrees are absolutely sufficient for heat pumps, both for the climate entity as well as for the heating curve shift.

1 Like

That’s a good question. Every possible solution is confusing.
off → forcedReduced or standby (The symbol in the lovelace thermostat suggests standby but that funtionality isn’t as useful as forcedReduced)
heat → forcedNormal
auto → heating
(I only have 4 vicare modes)

My real need (wish) is to have a custom Vicare thermostat with buttons for all vicare_modes.
I’m trying a workaround with buttons for every vicare_mode I have:
The line below is the current active vicare_mode. It is far from winning a beauty price, but it does the job. If there would be a custom thermostat with also buttons to (de)activate presets (eco & comfort), I would be really happy :blush:

@Boost

When trying to change to “Comfort” mode I get an error, same with Eco mode:

@meyerjh2001

Any ideas where to start digging?

I have the same problem.
Now comes the strange part:
I can set the mode to eco when the current preset is comfort and vica versa! (setting the current preset using the vicare app and wait until it is synchronized in home assistant before using climate.set_preset_mode)

This was also reported over here:

But it was closed because nobody responded. (title was specifying the wrong Service)

I opened an issue directly at the ha_vicare developer page:

Thanks @oischinger for developing this integration further! The integration works like a charm despite one thing. I get no Solar Production Values

This is how it looks like. The numbers you see are basically matching. I had yesterday 14.8 kWh, Saturday 12.8 and Friday 2 kWh. For some reason this isnt put into the graph. Any Idea why?

Also a general question: How accurate is the gas consumption? I currently think about to hook up my gas meter via a reed contact into my KNX system but if i can spare a cable… :slight_smile:

I hit the same error due to remembering incorrect password (client ID generated but I used the incorrect password for my login).
After trying twice to login from HA, I got an error on developer viessman portal: account suspended. I have reset my password, I was able to log in. It is working now :slight_smile: It might help someone.

1 Like

How to add temperature in a water gun? Boiler viessmann 200W b2ha.

anyone else getting rate limited ?
Using default integration…

Logger: homeassistant.components.vicare.binary_sensor
Source: components/vicare/binary_sensor.py:240
Integration: Viessmann ViCare (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:57:55 PM (514 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:26:28 PM

Vicare API rate limit exceeded: (PyViCareRateLimitError(...), 'API rate limit development portal "9e1a6417-3940-4339-98ae-38b82113f547" daily limit exceeded. Max 1450 calls in timewindow. Limit reset at 2022-03-08T00:00:04.079000.')

Yes, same problem here since today afternoon.

Edit 2: After a few minutes also in the API rate limit with the new key.

Same here since 14:01 CET

Did you have to re-configure your viessmann / network module as well with the new account?

at around 14CET:
502 → 404 → Rate Limiting until tomorrow 00:00

Same here.
Did they change the limits?

At least there is nothing new mentioned in their changelog:

March 2020: 1450 calls for a time window of 24 hours

But there is much more activity in March:

My activity report doesn’t show a huge increase.
I used 31551 API calls last month and I’m at 8024 this months (after 7 days).

Also 31551 API calls are fine.Last month 40.000 API calls would have been possible with the fixed 60 second interval.

I cannot seem to find any reason why the integration would suddenly exceed the API limits.

My activity report shows similar values.

I think they changed something today. With a new API key, the rate limit was exceeded after a few minutes also.

Could also be a simple server side problem.
Or a DDOS attack that Viessmann is somehow trying to dampen using the access limit mechanism.

1 Like