Viessmann Component

Anyone else having issues with the integration atm? Its says error while initializing (German “Fehler beim Einrichten”). Logs are completly empty. No hint so far. Anyone can help?

Hello all,

I’m also having problems with the ViCare integration.

Everything had been working fine for months, then I noticed that the data was not updating.

Restarted HA…problem still there. Deleted then tried to reinstall the integration, but I get the message ‘unknown error occurred’ during the installation process.

I’ve regenerated the API key, but that hasn’t helped.

Any ideas?

I had to go back to an Backup 1 day prior to this failure, nothing else helped

I followed the suggestion in the repo (i.e. delete config/.storage/vicare_token.save) and now I can re-add the integration (and it works following a HA restart)

I tried this without success. Can I ask you to let us know what steps you did (delte what file?, reboot of underlying hw, or restart of HA only, etc) and in which order?

My integration stopped working at about 9h ago, in HA logs - Request failed with status code 500 and message "Internal server error".:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for binary_sensor.vicare_circulation_pump_active fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 514, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 717, in async_device_update
    await task
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/vicare/binary_sensor.py", line 236, in update
    self._state = self.entity_description.value_getter(self._api)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/vicare/binary_sensor.py", line 43, in <lambda>
    value_getter=lambda api: api.getCirculationPumpActive(),
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareUtils.py", line 45, in feature_flag_wrapper
    return wrapper(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareUtils.py", line 38, in wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareDevice.py", line 527, in getCirculationPumpActive
    status = self.service.getProperty(f"heating.circuits.{self.circuit}.circulation.pump")[
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareCachedService.py", line 24, in getProperty
    data = self.__get_or_update_cache()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareCachedService.py", line 36, in __get_or_update_cache
    data = self.fetch_all_features()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareService.py", line 64, in fetch_all_features
    return self.oauth_manager.get(url)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareAbstractOAuthManager.py", line 41, in get
    self.__handle_server_error(response)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareAbstractOAuthManager.py", line 60, in __handle_server_error
    raise PyViCareInternalServerError(response)
PyViCare.PyViCareUtils.PyViCareInternalServerError: (PyViCareInternalServerError(...), 'Request failed with status code 500 and message "Internal server error". ViCare ErrorId: req-6c86a322917749f6b8f3b7d1b7804cdd')ESC[0m

Fixed by deleting config/.storage/vicare_token.save and reloading integration.

2 Likes

This is how it worked for me…

(1) delete the vicare integration (I don’t know if this is strictly necessary)

(2) go to config/.storage/ and delete the file vicare_token.save

(3) re-add the vicare integration

(4) restart HA via the System menu

2 Likes

this fixed it for me as well. No need to remove the integration first.

No luck here. As soon as I re-add the integration I get an error. After restart the error does not disapear. The error log is empty.

Hi,
I only did steps 2 and 4. This fixed the issue for me. At least for the moment.
BR
Florian

Hi Everyone. For some reason the data from my Integration is not displayed in the energy dashboard.
I get the error that the entities:

• sensor.vicare_heating_gas_consumption_today
  • sensor.vicare_hot_water_gas_consumption_today

are not the expected device category. Any Idea what to do?

It’s an issue in PyViCare due to Viessmann API changes.
See:

Ok. So is this something which can be solved? Or would it be possible to build template sensors to solve this?

This worked for me too.

Hi guys,

It seems that I am doing something wrong. I succesfully configured ViCare integration for Viessmman.
Everything works as expected but it seems that I am not getting gas consumption sensor value.

Is it matter of configuration or simply I do not have them because my gas boiler doesn’t supply such information through ViCare API? I do not see it through ViCare app also.

If you don’t see it in the ViCare app it’s likely that your device doesn’t support this.
To get the full dump of what the API provides you can go to the Home Assistant ViCare integrations page and dump the diagnostics which is a JSON with the full API response

1 Like

You are right. There is no any API parametar which provides any power and energy related data.
I have gas boiler V 200-W and it seems it doesn’t have these metrics.

Thanks

Hi, I don’t seem to have this folder. When try to reinstall I get “Unknown error occurred”. Any idea what i can do to solve this?
Best Florian

This is where it’s stored on HA OS. Not sure what setup you’re running Home Assistant. But the file should be in your config directory

1 Like

Thanks, I got it working again. I had to look for it directly on the server, within the HA UI i don’t see it…
best Florian