Virtual cover control!

I recently bought the IKEA Fyrtur cover, and whilst the original controls are great I noticed that the cover is way too long for my window. Thus I connected the cover and remote control to HomeAssistant and started hacking away on a virtual remote which let me specify max and min values for open and closed position. However, writing all the custom logic as entities made it really hard to overview and maintain, thus I created this custom component for cover control!

It does the following:

• Can be configured to a new open and closed value to set specific boundaries how high and low the cover can go.
  • Listens to open and close events, and keeps opening or closing until the desired max or min value is reached. If your cover is already in motion and you press the same button again, the cover stops. If the cover is in motion and you press the other button, the cover changes directions, just like an original IKEA cover remote!
  • Can be set up to listen to a multitude of different remotes (espcially since it already integrates with deconz).
  • One physical remote can control multiple covers to synchronize open and close (group behaviour).
  • Controls covers based on any HomeAssistant event, as long as it contains an id and optionally an event in the data section.
  • Can be controlled from automations or scripts using the open and close services

I also added a write up to do the same thing using HomeAssistant entities

FYI, with the Fyrtur you can set this on the blind itself.
Manually set the blind position you want then double tap the down button. This sets that position as the max.

1 Like

Oh, cool! I really should read the manual more thoroughly next time :smiley: Is there a way to connect the fyrtur to the remote and homeassistant at the same time? Would like to see it in the HA UI but still be able to control it through the remote.

I use zigbee2mqtt and I create a group containing the buttons and the blinds so the button controls the blinds directly. It’s also exposed to HA with 5 entities. Action, battery, click, linkquality and updateavailable. I haven’t tried to do anything with it in HA because the group setup in z2m does exactly what I want it to do.

1 Like