Visonic MCT-340 E Window/Door Sensor

Anyone still here?

I’ve got a new Hassio install (VM on unraid). I’ve got a bunch of these sensors. About half of them report battery status, none of them properly report temperature. Some always say 32, since always say unknown. From other replies here it seems like they should just work, but obviously that’s not working for me…

Have 3 of these. Originally on Smartthings. I was able to pair it with Home Assistant without issue. I’m using RPi3 HA OS install with zigbee2mqtt / mosquitto with a generic CC2531 usb stick. One of them I did have pairing issues but not sure at the time if the zigbee mesh solid at the time.

I paired these sensors to Home Assistant using a USB Zigbee stick. I’ve never relied on temperature or battery readings from any of these sensors–way too inaccurate. Zigbee devices have been really easy to pair using the Zigbee integration with Home Assistant.

If you have issues with your Zigbee sensors, I advise moving your Zigbee radio and sensors as far away from your router, AP, or mesh points. At least 8 feet. There is definitely interference caused by broadcasting on the 2.4ghz radio. I fixed pairing issues by physically moving the sensors as far away from the router as possible.

Thanks. I had no problem adding them, and the open/close part of the sensor works great. It’s just the temperature/battery is not working. My HomeAssistant server is in a different room than any of my networking equipment.

Hi all!

So I got a ConBee II stick hoping to get some Visonic MCT-340 E sensors set up via ZHA (I had them working on my Wink). All seemed setup alright and it can find my Visonic sensors when I put them in pairing mode (I had reset them according to the instruction manual).

However, they seem to be paired weird. 3 Entities: Power (always showing “Unknown”), Temperature (also always “Unknown” status), and ias_zone (no clue what this is, always shows as “off”). I’m seeing nothing that seems to register closed/open statuses. In fact, when I try to trigger and open/close (by separating/connecting the sensors), the sensors seem to just go back into pairing mode (indicated by a flashing red LED) as if it was never actually paired to begin with. I’ve tried restarting, unpairing and repairing the devices, etc. so many times. Same result every time.

I’ve got to be doing something wrong. Any help and guidance here would be greatly appreciated!

@tramajo I’m seeing the exact same thing.

With the most recent update (2020.12.2) though, now I see it only showing one device, but the logs are full of “message send failure”, and it seems to be rediscovering the same device over and over.

This is what I see when I just touch the contact sensor together while in pairing mode (with a device that’s supposedly already paired):

I know this reply probably isn’t going to be helpful, but I have 6 Visonic MCT-340 E sensors set up with ZHA and they all ‘work’. Open / close state reports accurately after multiple tests and repeated use. Temperature is slow reporting changes and may not be 100% accurate, but it is indicating a relatively close value. Power is reporting, but 3 of the devices are still showing 100% which makes me a bit uncomfortable. I’m waiting for those 3 to report a lower value.

Currently running 2020.12.1 and OS 4.2 with a Nortek HUSBZB-1 USB stick. The USB stick is on a 3’ USB extension cable to distance it from any potential RF interference from the PC or monitor.

I had no trouble pairing them and it should be noted they had not been used with any other system prior to HA and the Nortek stick. I paired the devices when they were within 6’ of the USB stick and then installed them in their remote locations. I have a couple other Zigbee devices that double as routers to enhance the network.

I have only one of these. Zigbee pairing is super weird with it, it configures itself multiple times, and does not show as a door sensor. No temperature, no battery, no contact sensing. If I put a magnet next to it, it resets and starts blinking, as if it’s no longer connected.

I have 4 of these devices running on a docker of 2021.12.5 and a HUBZ controller with a few Zigbee wall plugs for repeating. 2 of them work 100%, 2 of them are “stuck” on a temperature but everything else reports okay. I upped my DB retention to 30d and they’ve been reading the same temp as far as the logs go back.

I also have a dumb Z-wave thermostat that was having a similar issue and discovered that it somehow got set to only report when the temp changed at some huge amount (100 degrees or something). configured it in zwavejs2mqtt to report on .5 degree increments and it’s been working great since. I don’t see any similar config for the Visonic Zigbee devices.

Im using the Sonoff usb dongle for zigbee, added the open/close sensors right away. reports the temperature, but does not show the state as open, when the door opens. Always says closed. Shows that there is a change in state as a time? How do I get this to show opened when opened? Really negates the prospect of creating automations.