Visonic Powermax alarm integration for Home Assistant

I have been working on a python module for this, but it’s far from production ready.
you can see some progress on my github: https://github.com/wwolkers/pyvisonic

Hopefully I will have some time soon to continue on this again

1 Like

Nice to see people are still trying to make this work someday…

@WWolkers: Is this based on IP connectivity trough powerlink or on a serial connection?

Looks like its the Serial (via usb) connection to me. Which is very exciting as that is what i am using.

@WWolkers do you have any usage examples or are you not at that stage yet?

Yes it is based on serial communication. It needs a lot more work, this is just the Python module so far, not even any home-assistant things yet.
It talks to the Visonic already, but not all messages are decoded yet, work in progress.

If anyone wants to help and has python experience feel free to.

1 Like

Would love to help, its the only thing keeping me from switching to HA. But my python knowledge is not very high. Happy to help test once you get a bit more down the line.

Great! Thanks a lot for working on this feature! I look forward to following your progress, and hope that I might learn enough python some day to contribute to the community as well.

Are you planning to add the possibility to choose in config whether Home Assistant is allowed to control the alarm system (e.g. switch on/off) or just read the Visonic sensor status? I would think the latter option adds an extra layer of security?

This would be amazing.
BTW greetings from Denmark - this is my first post!!

I am just starting down the home automation road, but think I’ll choose Home Assistant with Node-Red over openHAB. Getting Visonic PowerMax integration would be amazing - so I do not have to replace my Visonic PowerMax.

I was thinking about RFLink as a half-solution to be able to arm/disarm the alarm by emularing the keyring fob - but tapping directly into the Visonic control panel would be the killer solution.

:slight_smile:

Excuse me if I am missing something - but how is you HA host machine actually physically connected to the Visionic hardware control panel? Ethernet adapter+cable?

EDIT - from reading the posts again - it appears that you may be using this:
http://www.visonic.com/Products/Wireless-Property-Protection/powerlink2-communication-modules

That depends on who you’re asking. Mine is indeed the Powerlink 2 and that is what my code works for. However others are using serial connections, e.g. Arduino. Not something I’ve tried.

Yeah, good luck getting a hold of a PL2 module. They are end of sale. So we just have to wait for a serial based solution. (btw: not all powermax panels can support a PL module)

I’m very satisfied with the stability and functionality of the powermax panel, but it lacks automation options. I have about 15 door/window contacts, 7 PIRS and a perfectly working GSM module. Would be a waste to replace this entire setup. For the time being, I guess i just have to wait patiently. :neutral_face: Or find the time to enhance my Pyrhon skills to help with a component, but in my case, it think waiting might be the faster solution :slight_smile:

This week I’ve read about integrating powermax panels into Samsungs Smartthings, which maybe could also be used for a HA integration. They are using a Wemos D1 R2 to give the Powermax panel a webinterface.This webinterface is than used for integration with ST, Maybe the Wemos solutiuon could also be used for HA integration?

Ok, I ordered the Wemos and just going to give it a try,

I might need some help getting the data into HA: The wemos can post JSON data to a rest API. Any idea what’s the best way to get this data into HA? Kind of new to this…

Edit: Going to give it a try with HTTP sensors…see how far this gets me

I have developed a simple component that let you use the “arm state” and the “open/close state” of door/window contact sensors.

It works by imitating the Visonic-GO app, so if you have a working app the chances this component will work are good :slight_smile:

Feel free to try it out: https://github.com/MikaelSchultz/homeassistant

Update: The component now also support arm_home, arm_away and disarming the alarm system.

WWolkers and I have developed an HA component that works in a very similar way to Vera and OpenHab. See here

It is still work in progress and although it has quite a bit of functionality, it has not been thoroughly tested.

It connects to the panel using either USB (for RS232) or Ethernet. For Ethernet you would need to buy a piece of hardware that costs around $25 US dollars.

Awesome! Will give this a try tonight. Thanks to both of you for your hard work.

Any update on this request, trying to look at options, anyone tried Powerlink?

Hi miw01! See link (Visonic Powermax and Powermaster Component) in post from “davesmeghead” dated July 2018 above. Works like a charm, and Dave works hard to improve the component to as many models as possible and to changing versions of HA.

Hi all,

Someone can help me to connect my Visonic Powermax10 to HA?
The alarm connected to the internet and controlled via Visonicgo app.
To do it I need PowerManage??

Best regards,
Oren

Sorry for the delay, I just found this solution.

Hi, I’m already tried it, but unfortunately I have a problem and I can’t to integrated it.
Oren