Visonic Powermax and Powermaster Component

Just to be a bit clearer:
“Panel Alarm Status” can be set to
“None”, “Intruder”, “Tamper”, “Panic”, “Fire”, “Emergency”, “Gas”, “Flood”

“Panel Trouble Status” can be set to
“None”, “Communication”, “General”, “Battery”, “Power”, “Jamming”, “Telephone”

And here is a hint at including attributes in templates :smile:

Thought that I may as well upload my current version as 0.3.5.5 to Github. A few minor fixes and an update to ignore “Delay Restore” from the panel when the siren is sounding :slight_smile:

As usual, any problems then post here :smile:
D

Hi Dave. Since update cannot get panel into powerlink mode no matter how many restarts I do. Stays in standard mode.

I also triggered the alarm by accident earlier and noticed the component completely crashed after the trigger and never restored. Required a full reboot to start responding again.

Will try and upload a log tomorrow when I get chance.

I had the component also crashed before (I disconnected the alarm from Ethernet so the interface cannot be reached anymore which crashed the component).

Is there a way to properly restart the component without a full reboot ?

There is also no indication on the Home Assistant alarm panel that the component is crashed: I don’t know if we can configure something to have an indication that the link is still up and running ?

A log file would be the only way I can answer :smile:

Yes please

Dave attached is a log. This only includes the first issue of not going into powerlink mode.

Will trigger the alarm tomorrow and upload another log.

Many thanks.

https://pastebin.com/MASWKKCQ

Try HA Server restart:

Configuration > Server Controls > Server management > RESTART

FYI: By a few painful experiences, I’ve learned to check the configuration prior to every HA Restart. It’s a good habit to develop.

Hi, I had 0.3.5.3 installed but thought I should install the component via HACS instead. Got the latest version and the same result, couldn’t get into powerlink mode. Replaced the files with the ones from 0.3.5.3 and powerlink mode is almost instant again.

Lastly, thanks for this component Dave, really appreciate your work.

All versions after 0.3.4 are experimental, but it’s the ‘latest’ version recognized by HACS. As such, if you update with HACS, you’re installing an older version.

https://github.com/davesmeghead/visonic/releases

What Rob says is correct, all versions after 0.3.4 are experimental. That is why I haven’t been confident enough to create a release on Github and thereby available to HACS.
Having said that, if you can upload a log file to pastebin then I’ll take a look as it might help me when I do consider the next HACS release :smile:

Yes, I realized that afterwards and since my previous version worked perfectly I didn’t need to change it, more a case of tinkering with HACS tbh. I also ended up restoring a HA backup so logs are gone but I know it looked much like the one cjones813 posted. Apparently he’s running the Powermaster 30, I have a Powermax+. Will upload a log file the next time.

Hi @dmarofer

How is it going, with your setup? Is the NodeMCU with esp-link, working as expected? :slight_smile:

Could you please share a better picture, of the pin-configuration? I can’t really spot where all the wires are going, on the alarm motherboard.

@davesmeghead

Thanks for a brilliant module :slight_smile: I’ve added an issue on Github, cause i would like to add Danish translations.

However, i’m facing another problem, and i’m not sure, why it happens…

Only my zone1 and zone4 device are showing up as devices in HA.

What can i do, to correct that part?

(It’s binary_sensor.visonic_z01 and binary_sensor.visonic_z04. 02 and 03 are missing)

It’s a:

PowerMax Pro Part
"eprom":"J-701412 v5.2.50"
"software":"JS701448 v5.2.51"

And i couldn’t get it to make the proper initiate-things, after a couple of tries. The alarm reported Communication Error, or something like that, in the panel. However, by adding force_standard: 'yes' in my configuration for the module, everything worked out. Except the two missing zones.

Seen it and responded already on Github, yes please to the offer for another translation.

Please upload a log file to pastebin and I’ll take a look through
EDIT: I would prefer a log file without force_standard: 'yes' in the configuration so it tries to achieve powerlink.

I noticed in your log file that you seem to be setting force_autoenroll to ‘no’ in your configuration.yaml file, is this correct.
If it is then you need to either remove it so it defaults to ‘yes’ or set it to ‘yes’. Setting it to ‘no’ should only be for Powermax+ users where the panel might crash when I send it an autoenroll request.
If it isn’t correct and you have no idea what I mean, then let me know as the defualt settings aren’t working somehow :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also, it looks like your panel stops downloading the EPROM data and sends a timeout after 20 seconds. I try twice to download and both times your panel stops at different points and sends a timeout. Lines 70/71 and 658/659. Your panel just stops sending data, so I have no clue as to what is happening, I’ll keep thinking :smile:

Oh, damn.

There’s absolutely no needs for logs. I’m sorry about that :smiley:

visonic:
  device:
    type: ethernet
    host: !secret visonic_ip
    port: !secret visonic_port
  motion_off: 120
  language: 'EN'
  force_standard: 'yes'
  sync_time: 'yes'
  allow_remote_arm: 'yes'
  allow_remote_disarm: 'yes'
  exclude_sensor: [2,3]
  exclude_x10: [1]

Cause i’ve defined exclude_sensor, in the configuration: I just copy/pasted it yesterday evening, and forgot all about the exclude options.

I’m still not sure, if i should try force_standard: 'yes' again, instead of no. I’m not that sure about the meaning of:

Determine whether it tries to connect in Standard Plus & Powerlink mode or just goes to Standard.

Has it anything to do with, there i’ve wired my esp-link (for Powerlink-mode to work?). With the SmartThing-solution, it did Download some firmware/stuff, and showed “Downloading” on the panel, so i guess i should use force_standard: 'no'. and see whether i’m able to use that… or? I also noticed that they where using pin 3622 instead of 5650.

I first spotted the SmartThing-solution, and somewhat missed this awesome custom component, therefor, i had the Visonic exposed to HA with MQTT at first… :slight_smile:

Yes this is correct. My mistake, all resolved now. Getting straight back to powerlink mode.

Dave. Yes added this in when I couldnt get to powerlink mode. Only added for testing have now removed that line from the config.

Attached is a log after triggering the alarm. Hopefully you can see why it crashes after an alarm activation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufhwwfcousdstlb/log.txt?dl=0

Your panel sends a message that I’ve never seen before. At time 16:29:38 your panel sends a series of an ‘F4’ message type. I have a function to recover from when the messages get out of sync and in this case it took 10 seconds, at 16:29:48 things return to normal. I’ll take a more detailed look later today and see if I can at least receive these new messages (but not do anything with them as I don’t know what they mean).

Hi @exetico:

It works fine. For the pins in the motherboard of PowerMax I have follow this post in domoticaforum.eu

https://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7152&start=0

Then you can connect Powermax TX/RX to NodeMCU following instructions in pin assignement of ESP-LINK (normal or swapped): https://github.com/jeelabs/esp-link/blob/75448fdeb93a8e91a3b05e2bfb4d9d1fab672c9b/FLASHING.md

You can power NodeMCU with the 3V7 output of PowerMax to the 3V3 input of NodeMCU.

1 Like