Visonic Powermax and Powermaster Component

Please upload a log file to pastebin so I can see the log file entries. I need at least the exact version (I know you say latest but I need to make sure) and filenames and line numbers.

Thanks for the help but I still can’t get it to work…

I have tried different alternatives for download_code but it doesn’t seem to do any difference what I put in there or even I comment it out it get stuck downloading the EEPROM and then goes to standard mode, where I have no devices at all except for the panel but I can’t see the status and says unknown

Once in a blue moon I see the Valid 4 digit pin needed error.

What have done so far:

1. Installed HACS
  2. Installed Visonic component (0.3.4) with HACS (noticed HACS used the last release so i changed to master instead)
  3. Connected the cable (according to image in my last post)
  4. Added visonic configuration to configutation.yaml
  5. Several full restart sequences according to the docs

added the conf near the top of my configuration.yaml

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

http:
  base_url: https://********.duckdns.org:8123
  ssl_certificate: /ssl/fullchain.pem
  ssl_key: /ssl/privkey.pem

visonic:
  device:
    type: usb
    path: '/dev/ttyUSB0'
  motion_off: 120
  language: 'EN'
  force_standard: 'no'
  sync_time: 'yes'
  allow_remote_arm: 'yes'
  allow_remote_disarm: 'yes'
  download_code: 'my userpass code'

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate
    language: 'sv'

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

is it the correct way of adding it?

In the component docs it says the following about the USB option

“many of the RS232 to USB devices come with drivers to install that make it appear like a serial device in some way (e.g. on Windows it appears as a COM port)”

Do I have to anything about the drivers on my RPi4/hass.io install?

Log from startup at
https://pastebin.com/f9BY1Py1

Did you delete this line in configuration.yaml?

download_code: 'my userpass code:'

Do these lines appear somewhere in configuration.yaml?

logger:
  default: critical
  logs:
    custom_components.visonic: debug
    custom_components.visonic.pyvisonic: debug
    custom_components.visonic.alarm_control_panel: debug
    custom_components.visonic.binary_sensor: debug
    custom_components.visonic.switch: debug
    custom_components.visonic.__init__: debug

Dave asked about the path: directive for the serial interface. Here’s what you need to do:

Assuming you’ve recently updated Hass.io to Home Assistant Core (or whatever), navigate to Supervisor>SYSTEM>Host system>HARDWARE. You should see a pop-up panel with a bunch of entries. Look for something similar to ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’. If it’s different, edit the path: line with the proper information.

Dave’s request is worth repeating.

When you have done these things and can post the resulting home-assistant.log file, Dave can try to help you.

Thanks for the answer

Yes there is numbers in my configuration.yaml
download_code: '1234'
But I’m still not which code I should use there, is it the code I use for the installaion menu?

This is the paths that I have:
serial:

• /dev/ttyUSB0
  • /dev/ttyAMA0
  • /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Prolific_Technology_Inc._USB-Serial_Controller-if00-port0

Yes I have logging enabled, see link below
https://pastebin.com/f9BY1Py1

Hi, I think I might have started the download log file service to early after a reboot of HA because when I tried it again this morning it is all working fine and the files are created in the config directory.
Thanks again for your help!
Bart

Delete the entry from your config file completely. You do not need to set the download code.

However, looking at your log file there is no data being received from your panel. You either have the hardware setup wrong or you’re using the wrong comm port.

EDIT: How do you set the RS232 parameters such as baud rate etc. Are you sure these are correct?
Dave

Ok thanks for the clarification about the download_code!

I have the following cable

The description says:

Then install the Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or MacOS X PL2303HX.D drivers on your computer and connect with a terminal program at 115200 baud.
Blockquote

But the logs say

2020-02-12 14:46:33 INFO (SyncWorker_11) [custom_components.visonic] Visonic Connection Device Type is OrderedDict([(‘type’, ‘usb’), (‘path’, ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’), (‘baud’, ‘9600’)])

I haven’t done anything to change the baudrate and honestly I have no idea on how to do it. I have talked to another guy using the same cable and he didn’t have issues with that.

I’m sure the port is right.

What type of computer are you using to run HA?

What is the firmware version on your alarm panel? It’s the numbers after “FW:” on the back of the panel.

Check your wiring to ensure the slip-on connectors aren’t mis-mated. Make sure the keyway is in the proper orientation when you mate the connectors.

And did you install the driver on the computer like it said?
I also noticed in the image in the link you provided that the RS232 TTL wires are connected to the RPi, would this mean that the RS232 connection default to 115200 baud.
You mentioned that another person has used this and got it working, how did they set it up?

Dave,

I believe this line indicates a proper driver is installed:

In addition, the ‘-port0’ seems to line up with ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’.

Raspberry Pi 4 with hassio

l19.412

Tried it both ways

Not sure there is any need for drivers on linux
And i’m not sure about the baud.
I haven’t been able to talk to him since I got the cable.

Hello !

This component assumes a single partition.
What exactly does it mean please ?
I’m looking for an alarm that would be able to manage at least 2 separate ‘zones’ : one indoor and one outdoor. I’d like to be able to be able to :

• disarm alarm : both zones disarmed
  • fully arm : both zones armed
  • partially armed/night mode : only outdoor zone armed

Visonic alarm like the PowerMaster seem to be able to that. But what would be the consequence in Home Assistant ? Half of my sensors would not been seen ?

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

We’ve heard anything above version K18 will disable all protocols except Powerlink 3. I can’t tell if I19 is before or after K18.

It means that I ignore all partition settings from the panel. I can only control the panel as a whole and not individual partitions.

The Visonic alarms should be able to do this, from a simple internet search I found this. I know it’s 10 years old but I assume that things haven’t changed that much.

I would assume (but I cannot be 100% certain) that since I use user code 1 from the EPROM download it will apply disarm/arm HA actions etc to all partitions at once. In other words I believe that HA could still be used with the panel but only with the ability to control all partitions at the same time and not individually. I also assume that the panel will still tell me about the sensors that are attached to the panel and their state. With partitions you would allocate sensors to 1 or more partitions but my component would not use this information.

Note also that:

• This component will not work with the 360r panel, there is no way to connect to it.
  • By default, some Powermaster panels seem to only tell HA the state of the sensors when the panel is armed. This is to save the battery in the sensors. There may be a way to alter their configuration but someone else on here would need to help you.
1 Like

Hi Fredrik, I’m not sure how else I can help you. After looking at your log file it’s clear that we are not receiving any data from the panel. The only thing I can suggest is that you run “test.py” from the command line and try it, instructions are on Github. Others have done it on here too so search through this thread for help. Until you can see lines with “data receiver” then I can’t really help you.

I’m going to test that my cable actually is working properly and also test with another alarm panel a friend has lying around tomorrow.

OK. Not a problem at all for me as I do not plan to control the alarm panel from Home Assistant. I’m only interested to have the alarm and sensors status from the panel in Home Assistant.

Yeah, all Visonic alarms are able to use at least 3 zones from what I’ve read.

OK. So, theoretically I would be able to get all sensors status even they are assigned to 2 different partitions. But that has to be confirmed! :slight_smile:

Anybody using more that one zone with this component ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I’ve seen that. Not interested bu the 360r panel. I’m looking for the moment at the PowerMaster 30 or 33.

Ah, that is a very important information !!!
I know lots of alarm panels work this way, but I believed Visonic alarm panels would always report the sensor status whatever the alarm panel ‘armed’ status.
This is a critical information for me. Thank you very much.

All of you guys only use this component to monitor the alarm status in Home Assistant ? Nobody use it to have additional sensors for automotion even if the alarm is disarmed ?

Again, Dave, thank you very much for the time you take to answer the same questions over and over to newcomers, and the work you put in this component. Much appreciated.

Thanks.

I’ve edited my post, and added some good details for people, which are not the familiar with that kind of things :slight_smile:

When you add the device you set the zone type. the most common for these is entry/exit (entrance door), home delay(night set entry/pass though on main entrance) perimeter follow (entrance route from door) interior (off on night).
Currently their are 25 variations main thing to check is perimeter is armed at night, interior wont be, delay starts countdown.

Id strongly advise against using partitions and setup your zones for day/night correctly. Unless an outhouse/annex is to be included into the system.

For automations door contacts will show anytime they are triggered including vibration sensors with contacts. PIRs, beems and DT can be added by changing the disarm activity(within more options on the device) the default is 60mins but setting to 15 seconds will update the panel>homeassistant without too much battery drain.

Codes cannot be restricted to single partitions only tags

1 Like