Visonic Powermax and Powermaster Component

Hi, I suggest that you contact your local Visonic help number or via the contact us message system they have here and explain your situation, they might be able to help you :slight_smile: It might take a while to get an answer so if you’re in a hurry then telephone them. By coincidence their headquarters are in Israel, if you look down the right of the above link you’ll find the Israel telephone number.

Thank you Dave, appreciate it. I have sent them an inquiry and was hoping someone may have a hack to make it happen. I haven’t found anything in the installer/user manuals so I’m not holding my breath that there’s a supported way to make the change.

Hi, I’m new to HA and following the discovery of Dave’s Component I recently bought a PowerLink 3.1 card for my Visonic PowerMaster 30.
Unfortunately all I’m achieving to do is just to ping the PowerLink : I’ve tried some standard TCP Ports (23/21/80/443) and even scanned with nmap but the PowerLink Module didn’t seems to have ports open. Besides I can’t find the “Broadband” menu.
I’m afraid that it comes from my Panel Version (v16). Does anyone achieve to make the PowerLink works with Panel version < 17 ? Is it possible to upgrade Panel’s firmware ? Staying in Panel Version 16 will works with Ethernet/USB Option describes in Wiki ?
Thanks for your help !

Oh sorry but you do not need to buy the Visonic hardware powerlink device to use this integration with HA, can you send it back for a refund?

Have you read the wiki page here, the hardware that you need to buy is very simple and there are different ways to do it depending on your set up. The hardware costs around £5 or so and then 4 wires to connect it to your panel. You do not need to update the firmware in your panel, I think this can only be done by a visonic approved provider anyway.

Read the first part of the wiki and let me know if you’re still having difficulty. :smile:

Hi Dave, Thank you for your answer ! I was looking for the simplest way to do it without taking any risk, though that PowerLink was a good choice :slight_smile: Will now certainly reconsider my choice :rofl:
Can’t wait to test with the suggested hardware now !
Thanks again

Hi Dave,

Can you give me a few pointers in how to get the data files working.

I set everything up through the intergration method and set values for the files but I can’t seem to get the panel to download and create the files.

Am I right in saying to generate a file I call the service visonic.alarm_panel_eventlog and enter the code: AAAA

Am I using the correct code i.e. the download code or should I be using my user code? (the same one to arm/disarm the panel)

I have tried all combinations but still no files are created.

Is there a way to modify the filename locations etc without deleting and reinstalling the intergration incase I made an error in the file location?

Yes, call the service visonic.alarm_panel_eventlog
Use your normal user code. If you’re in powerlink and do not have the override_code set then the user code will be set for you.

You set the event log settings by using the config panel

When the filename entry is not empty then it saves to that file name. Without a path it places the file in your config directory (where the configuration.yaml file is normally located). You can change these settings without restarting HA or reinstalling the integration.

EDIT: It does take about 30 to 40 seconds to download the event log and create the files so allow it to finish.
If you’re still having problems then trigger the service and upload a log file to pastebin and I’ll take a look :slight_smile:

Still no joy

I have had a long look at your log file and I can’t spot anything that would stop it working. I’ve added more log file entries and created a new release on Github so could you download and install this new version and do the same again please. Hopefully with more log file entries I can work out what’s happening in your setup. Thankyou :smile:

I’ve been working on updating the code to be formatted using the preferred home assistant formatter (it’s called Black). This has meant that the code formatter has reformatted all my code files for me so it looks like a significant change but it isn’t as it is all automatic. I have had this on test for a couple of weeks and I’ve not had any problems.

I have therefore released version 0.5.0.0 to Github. Please give it a try and let me know of any issues. I’ll fix any issues and then do a HACS release in a couple of weeks time, but there’s very little changed anyway.

I am slowly working my way towards a pull request to include it in the main Home Assistant build as it is becomming more stable and reliable for everyone, like I said … slowly
Unless of course, everyone else has stopped using it and there’s only me left :wink:

One thing of note: A Powermax+ Panel generates 0xF1 messages that I do not decode (and never have) and they have the wrong checksum. I have no idea what they are and never have. I have altered the processing of these so if you get problems then let me know.

:smile:

That fixed it :+1:

That’s excellent news.
Could you please upload your log file anyway as I’d like to try and spot what actually fixed it :thinking:

Hi Dave,

Sorry in the delay in responding. When it started working I turned off the logging so at present unable to send log files over however I have noticed since installing the latest version my HA is rebooting up to 10 times a day. For your info I have a Powermax+

I am in a process of elimation so have gone back to the previous version as of this afternoon to see if it cures the problem however as expected the panel eventlog no longer works.

I’ll try and load a previous version to see if that works

It could be the processing of the F1 messages as that was the main functional change I made, I’ve tried to make the integration more robust to handle them rather than ignoring them. The problem is that when I ignore them, I also then miss up to 5 subsequent messages from the panel so I’d rather get it working properly.
If the integration receives corrupt messages (could be the F1 messages) then after so many attempts it restarts the integration to reconnect and tries to resynchronise with the panel. It could be this that you’re experiencing. Only a log file will confirm this for me and indicate the problem F1 data so I can hopefully work it in to the code.
:slight_smile:

Ok I’ll run the previous version until Saturday to see if HA is stable again and then load the latest version with logging turned back on and paste the results early next week if that’s ok

Happy 3 years anniversary at this forum @davesmeghead and big Big BIG thanks for this plugin, much appreciated and you gave my Visonic Panel new life #kudos :partying_face:

Hello Everyone,

I’m experiencing a problem with the integration after the update of the Visonic iPhone app to the version 2.18.1.
The first time I opened the app after the update they asked to create an account and login with email and password.
After that the integration in HA doesn’t work anymore, giving the following error:

Setup failed for visonicalarm: Integration failed to initialize.

Does anyone had the same problem?

Thank you guys.

Being able to use the Visonic App implies that you have the Visonic Powerlink hardware in your panel, is this true? Do you have both the Powerlink hardware and a gadget of some kind to connect to this HA Integration?

The only way I can help work it out is for you to create a log file and upload it to pastebin or dropbox. Reply in this thread with the link.
:slight_smile:

Hello Dave,
I do have a PowerMaster-10 control unit, which I always used with the VisonicGo APP for iPhone.
I just realize the Powerlink is the communication module, but The PowerMaster-10 I own only communicate with the app via 3G using a sim card, not via ethernet nor wifi.

How can I create a log file? the only error i could get from the log related to the Visonic it is the following:

ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [custom_components.visonicalarm] Connection failed: Rest API version 4.0 is not supported by server.

Thank you for your help.

I probably realize where the problem was.
The HA Visonic integration was not installed in HACS, and wasn’t updated.
In the file editor, on the configuration of the Visonic integration, the email and password weren’t present.

Now the system is back, up and running.

Thank you again.