Vistapool Integration

See here on Vistapool you shall use pins 2,3
If you have different number of pins in the connector (I see 5) you should check UG of your device maybe ask manufacturer

1 Like

thanks, I think it works, I receive packages but I can’t see it from Home Assistant, I have integrated it, but the sensors come out with unknown status,. Can you check if the configuration of my HF5111B is correct?

In modbus.yaml I have added the following configuration,

-  name: dagen
    type: tcp
    host: 192.168.1.210
    port: 8899
    delay: 5
    timeout: 5

sensors:
    - name: MBF_MEASURE_PH #  hodnota pH
      slave: 1
      address: 258
      input_type: holding
      data_type: uint16
      scale: 0.01
      precision: 2
      scan_interval: 90
      unit_of_measurement: pH
#    - name: MBF_PAR_PH1 #  horni hranice pH
#      slave: 1
#      address: 1284
#      input_type: holding
#      data_type: uint16
#      scale: 0.01
#      precision: 1
#    - name: MBF_PAR_PH2  #   dolni hranice pH
#      slave: 1
#      address: 1285
#      input_type: holding
#      data_type: uint16
#      scale: 0.01
#      precision: 1
    - name: MBF_MEASURE_TEMPERATURE #  teplota vody
      address: 262
      unit_of_measurement: °C
      scale: 0.1
      precision: 1
    - name: MBF_PH_STATUS #  AL3, stav pH, peristaltika 
      address: 263
    - name: MBF_PAR_FILTRATION_STATE # stav filtrace (zap/vyp)
      address: 1057
    - name: MBF_PAR_FILT_MANUAL_STATE # MBF_PAR_FILT_MANUAL_STATE-stav filtrace zap/vyp
      address: 1043
    - name: MBF_PAR_FILT_MODE #  režim filtrace
      address: 1041
    - name: MBF_RELAY_STATE #  stav jednotlivych rele
      address: 270
    - name: MBF_PAR_HIDRO_COVER_ENABLE #  aktivace krytu 1/0
      address: 1068
    - name: MBF_PAR_HIDRO_COVER_REDUCTION # redukce hydrolyzy v % 
      address: 1069
    - name: MBF_HIDRO_STATUS # stav systemu hydrolyzy 
      address: 269

Are you sure with the serial port configuration?
This is defined in NeoPool Control System, MODBUS Register description and works well for me:
 Baud rate: 19200 bauds (you have 115200)
 Parity: none.
 Stop bits: 1

For testing I use AVReporter Modbus Communication Tester. It seems to me better than try to read it directly in HA

1 Like

Pardon my ignorance
True, the port was wrong, I have changed the port to 23 but I still cannot obtain data in HA, I have installed the AVReport and this is what I choose. I’ve tried several ports and I haven’t been able to read anything (Port 502 is already occupied with other solar equipment.) Any ideas I can try?

Thank you very much for all the help.

Use following “Serial port settings”:

Flow control, Cli should stay disabled.
Device uses port 8899 (not 23, try to use any port scanner to verify it).

And following “Communication settings”:

Keep alive and timeout has no influence (in my case, if I remember well, initial setting was 120 and 0)

In AVReporter you should see something like this

for example Reg 270 is MBF_RELAY_STATE

StartReg is decimal address of first register to read, NumOfReg is number of registers to be read including StartReg. You see 270-279, i.e. 10 addresses, starting from 270.

Do not Write registers unless you know what and where you are writing and you are aware of consequencies :wink:

Hello,

I wanted to automate my sugar valley station. I bought the vistapool wifi and am very disappointed about the functionality: only 3 schedule intervals, no heating automation, very basic layout, …

So in my research I stumbled upon this thread. I just ordered a HF2211 and I’m going to try to automate it myself. But I’m confused about the power supply. According to the manual, the power input can be between 5V and 36V. The sugar valley pins deliver 12V, so why don’t you guys just connect the power supply to the sugar valley and use a separate supply?

Thanks for the answer!

There is a “small” difference between price of Sugar Valley Station and external power source for HF2211.
It might be the reason.
You have a chance to be first who try and report if it works.

Yes, if you have a power supply and no sugar valley station, you better use that power supply. But I see in the images above, that the pins are just not used. I’m now wondering if I have to buy a power supply, and if so, why?

HF 2211 has working current approx 200mA, if you are sure that Vistapool is able to feed it from the pin you are speaking about - try it.

Thank you very much for such transparent and clear information.
I have tried in every possible way, I have changed the Baud Rate and all the Slaves, and I cannot connect.
I have sent Sugar Valey to confirm if the parameters of my equipment (Dagen version) correspond to those of Hidrolife.
As soon as they confirm, I’ll let you know.

Ok, so it’s the max current that you’re worried about? That was my question in fact. I think I’m just gonna try and see. After all, the connector is supposed to power the vistapool wifi box…

Thanks for the answer! I’ll post back when it arrived and when I hooked it up.

To have all info in one:

• the sticker on the back of HF2211 says input: 5-36V/1A, UG says 200mA
  • Vistapool wifi is connected through pins with “WiFi” label

Hello

While I’m still waiting for a response from Sugar Valey, I’ve continued to test, and with the parameters you’ve set the only way I can get any change is by plugging in the second DISPLAY module :roll_eyes:. But in AVR I continue without having values. :thinking:

Read here as you can see, “external” seems to be the proper place to connect (well, in my case at least)
My device has 4 pin terminals for display/wifi/external but you have 5 pins >> firstly you should identify proper pair of pins dedicated to MODBUS.
Once you know you can test.
If reading does not work >> cables swap (A/B to B/A) could help.

SugarValley is not communicative, but you might be a lucky one.

4 pins in my unit also, though it looks like it is just a not-needed pin. @Yoryino try inverting T- and T+, no risk there. I remember it was also that issue for me.

Hellooo

At last!!!

It was to change the cables and it works!!!

Thank you very much, tonight I try the integration in HA.

Hello,
I have same device as you @Yoryino . Can you share your cable connection? Are you connected to DISPLAY pins or EXTERN pins? Photo of your working connection would be best and helpfull I got stuck with my connection to Modbus. Thanks

hello in my case I have only changed the cables from A / B to B / A, and it started to work. the connection in external connector

Thanks for reply. Will try to swap A/B cable. So your A/B cables are on pins 3 and 4?
I tried 2 different connections but without swaping A/B cables. So i guess this one should be correct one. I have just to swap A/B cables.

I have Elfin EW11 which has to be powered from pins.

1 Like