Visual Issues in Home Assistant on iPad

I have an iPad running iOS 9.3.5. It’s an older iPad 3 model so that’s the latest iOS available. I know the Home Assistant app recommends iOS 10, but still works on iOS 9. The issue I’m having started after upgrading Home Assistant from 0.49.1 to 0.5X.X (doesn’t matter what version, just anything newer than 0.49.1). Both the app and the web page stopped showing the correct colors for the views banner, switches, sliders, and even text in the main menu such as States, History, Logbook, etc. The text is black and not gray, the views banner at the top is white/light gray where the views tabs are, and the switches/sliders are gray with the outline of a switch. The everything still works in terms of action and showing the current state, it’s just visually there’s something missing. I have rebooted both the iPad and my Home Assistant server and the issue persists. I have an iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 both running iOS 10.3.3 and they display just fine in both the app and web page. I think something changed on the back end that broke some compatibility with iOS 9 devices.

Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Yep, I have the same issues, and on top of that floor plan doesn’t work me, while it does work on the newer devices

I should have checked Github first. Looks like this issue is possibly caused by the switch to Polymer 2.0 for rendering the frontend. Some features they use are only compatible with more recent versions of iOS (10.3+). https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/9053

1 Like

Still experiencing in latest (0.52) release. Thought it was fixed but the app had just cached visuals when I downgraded to 0.49 to test.

Also having thuis issue with Microsoft Edge, which is not an old browser.