Vivint Integration

I will like to have Vivint integration in Hassio… it seems that there is already some work done for homebridge plugin in the website below.

Thanks,

Is there a way to get this to work with HASSIO?

I just got this working today, but you’ll probably need a second Pi or VM as the Homebridge server. It’s quite simple to set up, and seems to work great so far. It would be really handy if there was an add-on for HASSIO.
It does require the Vivint service, so it won’t work standalone.

1 Like

I set this up as well after finding this thread. I used @balansse/homebridge-vivint v1.1.0 in homebridge instead and did not use timcharper version. It appears to be an actively updated plugin. Homebridge showed up automatically into homebridge integations asking to configure.

I am finding that the home assistant entities take a long time to update and sometimes are showing erroneous information.

My main goal is to bring thermostats cameras and sensors into homeassiatnt so I can use them for automation.

Would like to know how the integration is performing for others.

1 Like

When you say “I used @balansse/homebridge-vivint v1.1.0 in homebridge instead”, do you mean that you are using Homebridge and not Home Assistant or are you saying you are using both?

I’ve been working on a Vivint integration using HACS. So far it seems to be functioning well. I hope to be able to make it an official integration at some point. But in the interim, feel free to check it out at https://github.com/natekspencer/hacs-vivint and let me know how it works.

6 Likes

Sorry for the late response, I have not visited the community pages for a while.

I mean I installed a homebridge container using Portainer (you install this in the supervisor addon store) on the same device running Hass (for me its a nuc pc) and installed @balansse into it. I had homebridge installed on another server previously, but having it run on the same device keeps it simpler.

The homebridge is detected by home assistant which allows me to bring in all the sensors / smoke & CM detectors / doorbell & cameras / & thermostats from Vivint and use them for automation.

@PerseusX, does this work for all sensors / element thermostats etc. as well or just for cameras.

It doesn’t work for thermostats or switches, yet. I just added the capability for switches to the python library in my branch and have an open pull request to the base library. Once that is merged, then I’ll be able to add the switches to HA. But I don’t have a thermostat connected to my system, so I haven’t been able to pursue and validate that one yet.

Just wanted to say YES THIS IS AWESOME, thank you PerseusX

1 Like

I just wanted to say that your Vivint integration works great. Thank you so much! Looking forward to the switch capability.

Switches should be available in the latest release now!

Awesome! I’m seeing that now. I was having some issues with my smart lock not being recognized by Vivint. Once I got that going again, the switch is working fine.

I was curious, will there be plans to add a sensor for the Vivint doorbell? At present, the device only shows an entity for the camera, but no entity for the doorbell sensor state.

I do plan on adding additional sensors where it makes sense. I’m actually working on adding motion triggers to the cameras at the moment, but different cameras have a different way of saying that there is a motion event. Which doorbell camera do you have and which sensor states are you interested in so I can see if I can cover those as well?

Also, thanks for the coffee!

Cool. It’s the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, and I think it would be cool to have a sensor for the motion detector as well as the doorbell pushbutton.

I’ve added support for events/triggers on cameras in the latest release. Right now there is motion_detected and doorbell_ding events. Let me know if you try them out and if they work out!

1 Like

Just applied the release. Looking forward to testing this out.

Just tested the motion detection on the doorbell, using it to turn on the front porch light. Works great!. I also set up an automation to enable/disable Alexa Guard whenever the Vivint Alarm Panel is enabled/disabled. Loving the Vivint integration. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Glad to hear it is working out well for you! I’m still looking into actually adding a “binary sensor” for these, too. There’s conflicting information around it. The HA developer docs explicitly states that doorbell button pushes are better suited as custom events/device triggers. But most integrations appear to expose a binary sensor as well, which I think is needed if you want it to show up in Alexa/Google. Granted, you could create your own binary sensor and do this via an automation (I think).

1 Like

I ended up creating an Input Boolean toggle to deal with situations where you need to know the device’s state. This is helpful when you have an automation that shuts off a light x minutes after no motion has been detected. There’s probably an easier way to do it, but it seems to be working fine.

1 Like