Vivitar WiFi Powerstrip

Just purchased a Vivitar Powerstrip, while the app works fine i am looking to bring control into Home Assistant. Some googling has not been fruitful.

Anyone have experience with this product, or able to provide some advice on where to look?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Set the devices up with the Tuya Smart app and then configure the Tuya component.
Vivitar use Tuya cloud (as do many other hardware companies).

Apologies for the two part - but this one caught me out and I noticed you are also in AU…
Don’t setup the app with a number, use an email.
Only use letters and numbers in the password - no additional chars.
You can set up the account in Australia (ie Australia 61) but when configuring Home Assistant - use country_code of 1. Eg:

tuya:
  username: [email protected]
  password: passw0rd
  country_code: 1
  platform: tuya
1 Like

Thanks troykelly, got it up and running works nicely, setting up some automations.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work :smiley: … it’s easy when you know how.
I really like the power strips (apart from the switching delay) and given they are nearly the only ones I can find with AU sockets… that makes them even better.

The delay is more than I would have expected, but works with one of the lamps that are being turned off, and the rest I have plugged in aren’t time critical, so can live with it.

For the $80 it’s a great find at JB Hifi, and now that I have it integrated with Home Assistant, awesome.

@navanod
If you want you can load Tasmota on the device as this appears to be based on one of those common WiFi smart power strips.

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get this mapped out for tasmota or esphome?

I have flashed one of my two strips and have most of it working but just a couple of things missing.

Might have to crack one open and trace the circuits.

I’ve got two of these working in Tasmota and very happy with them. I just used the published template and it was pretty easy from there.

Did you have to open the board up to flash it? Only thing holding me back, not keen on doing that.

No - I was able to use Tuya convert - followed the directions to set it up on a Raspberry Pi (repurposed one temporarily) and it was fairly simple from what I recall.

(Sorry - just noticed this reply :flushed: )