Vizio SmartCast failed to find token

I’m trying to get the setup of my Vizio E50-E3 working using the following setup

Unfortunately I am running into issues when trying to pair the device using my laptop running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Here is the error that I receive:
INFO:pyvizio.cli:Initiating pairing process, please check your TV for pin upon success
ERROR:pyvizio.vizio:Failed to execute command: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=’%7b10.0.0.88%7d’,
port=7345): Max retries exceeded with url: /pairing/start (Caused by
NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f6485810908>: Failed to
establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known’,))

I’ve searched several forums and the github repository and found there was an update that changed the port from 9000 to 7345. That has already been addressed when browsing the pyvizio files.

Any ideas how to get passed this?

Anybody have an answer or suggestion for this? I have received the exact error, and have no clue what to try next.

What does your configuration look like for the Vizio media_player component? Did you run the command line already to get the access token from the TV?

Same here with a P75-C1. NMAP on the port does work (but only if I force it with -Pn as it does not reply to pings)

Starting Nmap 7.70 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2018-08-06 18:33 IDT
Nmap scan report for Vizio_Wired.XXXX (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)
Host is up.

PORT     STATE    SERVICE
7345/tcp filtered swx
9000/tcp filtered cslistener