[Voice Assistent Contest] Assist goodnight routine (for everyone!)

Hello everyone,

TL/DR; I created a package to give assist ‘goodnight routine’ functionality with variable actions. When triggered, it will do the following;

• Turn off all lights
  • Turn off or stop media_players (which support the service call)
  • Arm your alarm control panel
  • Announce open doors
  • Announce open windows

All these options can be enabled or disabled using the global variables in the package. After these actions are done, it will wish you a pleasant night :slight_smile: .
See it in action (YouTube link).

But how?
This package is available at my repo to download. Just place the two files in your config!

1. Create a package folder (if you don’t have one yet) in your Home Assistant /config folder.
  2. Place the package file packages/assist_goodnight.yaml in this folder.
  3. Place the language file(s) of your picking in your custom_sentences folder, for example /config/custom_sentences/nl/assist_goodnight.yaml.
  4. Optional: Modify the variable in the package file to your preferences.
    You can also migrate the script afterwards and modify it in the ui.
  5. Restart Home Assistant.

I added the Dutch, English, German and French language to choose from.

Good night!

My Goodnight routine does pretty much the same thing - but - slightly different.

1. turn on ALL the lights. (dog going for a pee, kettle being boiled in the kitchen, people going for a pee, bedtime dog treats etc - it’s easier just to turn all the lights on, than having to decide which rooms someone might need access to in the next 5 minutes).
  2. Stop / turn off media players.
  3. Turn off the livingroom fire if it was on.
  4. wait 5 minutes
  5. turn off lights except for rooms that have been determined to be occupied. (eg guest room, livingroom if there is someone sleeping in there, bedrooms).
  6. set the house is night mode boolean on (various automations rely on this for determining heating temperature, light brightness of bathroom light, whether speakers should announce stuff like the garden gate being opened)
  7. lock the door.
  8. set the laptop to mute (hass agent)
1 Like

Nice! Everyone has their use cases :smile:

1 Like

The results of the contest are out!
They may be of interest to you :wink:
Have a look!