Let me try to enter an Idea that I am working on quite a bit of time.:
I always wanted a EINK/Epaper Display sitting on my Desk. This Display shall show me the most important information that I need during the day.
Not only it should display informations on the EINK Display - It shall also measure the Air Quality in your room. Besides that some more stuff like Temperatures, movement detection, measures Light Conditions… and many more. And the Best of all: “It can be your own LOCAL Voice Assistant or MediaPlayer”
This Device perfectly integrates in your Smart Home (e.g. HomeAssistant or IO Broker). No permanent backlight On Display that disturbs your sleep. Just a brillant E-Ink Display with outstanding contrast and some Buttons that you can feel when you swipe over with your plam. A lightweight Design with a perfect WAF Factor. Fits on your Desktop or on your wall. The device can be programmed, adapted, hacked, tinkered and individualised by YOU. You want to push boundries even further: Use Arduino and do a deep Dive in Ultra Low Power Mode. The Battery might run for Years with an intelligent Power Gateing.
Further Details can be found here: https://github.com/Uspizig/WifiWallSwitch/
This device consist of an an ESP32-S3 and various sensors:
- Ultra Low Power RTC RV3028 [U9] for Low Power Battery Operation wakeup
- Ultra Low Noise MEMS LSM6DSL [U8] 6 Axis GYRO+ACCEL + Tap Detection
- Ultra Low Power Gateing Chip TPL5110: [U6]
- Bosch BME680 for Air Quality Measurements [U5]
- EInk Screen connector
- Touch Screen connector [JP5]
- Space for the oprional INMP441 Microphone [J5], [J9]
- 8 RGB LEDs which can be adressed individually. Perfect for Quizshow effects. Ideal for Audiovisual feeddback
- 9 Click Buttons. [SW1-SW9] - SW5 is hidden under the screen and can be used as Physical Click Button
- Space for Several Connectors[J2, J8, J3] to plugin even more modules like Audio Module for an Media Player or Voice Assistant Feedback.