Voice Controlled Cheap Non-Smart LED Strip with OK Google Command

Thanks. Good to know

I can’t tell from the amazon listing, does this come with a power supply or does that have to be purchased separately?

The controller uses the same power supply as the LED strip. If you are buying all components from scratch, you will need to purchase (1) led strip, (1) controller, and (1) 12v power supply.

Would you be able to hook this up under a kitchen counter and set a motion sensor to turn on if someone walks in when it’s night?

New here and coming up with ideas for my first home

Yes, you absolutely would be. You’d use an automation, and when the motion detector triggered then you would fire the lights.

You don’t need to change the firmware of the device?

I have the same device, and no, you don’t. The FLUX_LED package will automatically work with that controller; I’m using mine right now.

1 Like

using now too, cool

There are also MQTT firmwares for those controllers, assuming they are the same (certainly looks that way).

1 Like

I love these power supplies for the led strip lights. Much nicer than the bricks.

That item has some pretty bad reviews, beware people!

why? I have one, it works ok (with Alexa) without changing the firmware

Sorry I meant the power supply @CCOSTAN pointed to.

I changed up the link. I have them and honestly, they have outlasted the controllers. I like them as power supplies much better than the bulky bricks. But with any Cheap china product, it’s hit or miss.

I am sorry to appear constantly negative, but I clicked on the link and read the 1* reviews (always a good place to start).

Samples:

bought two recently. Adapter gets very hot and causes led strip lights to blink on and off. Annoying. Stay away.

and

Started smoking really bad as soon as I plugged if in. Would have caught on fire had I not unplugged it immediately

and

This power supply only gets one star specifically because it causes an enormous amount of interference with my amateur radio, so much that it renders the radio useless. I can’t imagine how this passed any certification to be sold in the US. I have to unplug it any time I want to use my radio. (PS the unit is over 30 feet from my radio and over 60 feet from any antenna and it still floods the spectrum with noise!)

There’s some scary shit in there.

1 Like

Hi,
I bought this LED controller from ebay XCSOURCE DC 12-24V iOS Android WIFI Remote 5 Channels Controller For RGB LED.
it seems to be working with Flux Led/MagicLight controller.

At the moment I can turn on/off led strip but dim and color changing functions do not work for me. Any ideas on how to get them working?
Thanks!

Anyone have a Canadian source for this?

Can you please post instructions on how to set up Tasker and Autovoice?

Thanks

What happens when you select one of the effects in the component?

Hello,
Effects seem to be working fine when selected, but dimming or changing a colour using interface do not work.
# Example configuration.yaml entry
light:

• platform: flux_led
    devices:
    192.168.1.45:
    name: Living Room Lights
    protocol: ‘ledenet’

Thanks