Voice notification alarm_stream_max suddenly stopped working

One of the great features of the Android companion app to me is the critical notification functionallity as described here: https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/notifications/critical-notifications

Up to now, the alarm_stream_max worked flawless as a spoken message at max volume from my phone, regardless whether it is on silence mode or whatsoever. For this, my automation looks like:

- service: notify.mobile_app_galaxy_blablaphone
    data:
      title: Attention! The alarm has been triggered
      data:
        ttl: 0
        priority: high
        channel: alarm_stream_max

Suddenly, this functionallity has stopped working. If I now remove

channel: alarm_stream_max

The voice notification works again, but aligned with the phone setting (volume, silent, etc.). This is undesired.

Phone: Galaxy S10+
One UI V3.0
Android V11
Knox 3.7 - API L33

Does anyone else experience the same? This functionallity is of importance to me since it is part of the home security system and an alert should be known to me asap…

Do others also experience this behavior?

Samsung devices are known not to respect Android API and make their own rules. I’m assuming this started after a recent software update on your phone right?

@dshokouhi, no I didn’t do a software update.

However…

Luminous idea - let’s reboot my phone! Now it works again…

1 Like

Not working on OnePlus 9 pro either. Still waiting for a solution.

try to play the text to speech voice in your device settings because android uses that by default

also look at the logs in case it fails too.

Thanks l!! Using tts works. I’ll hope there is a solutions coming to engage the alarm stream again. That worked better in my opinion!