Voice over IP Integration - Call from Fritz!Box or other SIP servers

Hello to everyone !

In the official guide, you can configure an analog telephone adapter such as the Grandstream HT801 to function as a SIP client, but other than that, is there any method to connect the home assistant VoIP integration to another SIP server in the LAN ? Now in my home I’ve got a Fritz!Box with TIM VoIP Number across my DECT phones.

Funny, I got the same idea. Currently I evaluating this option via my Snom 370. I’ll share my expierence, when I’m done

Currently I got stuck while getting HA’s VoIP service getting online:

My configured VoIP looks like this:

but in the tutorial it should look like this:

The device and the entities are missing.

When I do a port scan on my HA host there is als no VoIP port open for listening.

I think, the VoIP integration is somehow broken

Update:
I managed to get a connect with MicroSIP. First, there was some codec issue. HA supports only “opus” for the moment. Fritz!Box doesn’t . I think, HA needs to support one of these “G.711, G.729A, G.723.1, G.722, G.726,GSM 6.10” or AVM “opus”

I think we have to wait

2 Likes

There was reasoning behind only selecting the opus codec given in the blog livestraem, at this point in the stream: https://www.youtube.com/live/Tk-pnm7FY7c?feature=share&t=4070

Hi @akentner and @tom_l , thank you for the responses.

I’ve quyickly searched the lists of supported codecs for my Fritz!Box
Here is the list:

In the livestreaming thay said that they use the opus codec for an higher quality and bandwidth, but with the G.722 codec we can achieve a similar quality to the OPUS codec, as shown in this graph (Note that the red SWS Signal is referred to the X highest codecs “Such as OPUS”)

So I think there is somehow a solution to the OPUS problem, or not?

No not really (though it may be sufficient)

Also opus is lower latency, licensing is free and open source and transcodes better from G.711.

Can you post your settings?

I have run VitalPBX in the past and it supports OPUS.

Based on the instructions I guess the Grandstream can use that dial string to direct url dial. I haven’t been able to get my VVX500 to do the same, it wants a Line to go out on.

Hey,
I am also trying to get MicroSip to work but didn’t have any luck so far would you mind sharing you settings for MicroSip? What did you set for the Username and Domain and what number are you calling to connect to home assistant?
best regards