Voicemeeter virtual audio mixer

is anyone using voicemeeter and homeassistant?

is anyone trying to integrate them?

voicemeeter is an absurdly powerful virtual audio mixer, with built-in ‘macro-button’ system and VBAN - a comprehensive multi-stream audio over ip solution

these solutions are all donationware. they are being used fairly widely in professional and semi-professional environments.

macrobuttons can be defined in ui or xml, and perform a very long list of actions within and outside of the voicemeeter program - launch programs, send keypresses, do so conditionally on state of the mixer, eg i make a midi controller light flash if input on a given channel is over 6db, or switch output between different audio systems, including (via VBAN) other computers on the network, and my phone. it can send audio outside of local network too.

voicemeeter also has an api which allows for wide-ranging control of the setup.

i’m thinking there may be ways to bridge vm to homeassistant, which would be very very powerful for creating and controlling multi-zone audio systems, with multiple inputs, including audio-over-ip, taking audio from different applications and processing independently (eg reverb on that channel, eq on this one, 5.1 on this channel, stereo on that one, etc) all eminently controllable through automations and manual inputs from midi controllers, homeassistant android, or literally any other input…

i’m a novice coder, but i’m hacking away at a few personal projects and might be able to contribute here, but i’d need a little help determining approaches and strategies, and if i can’t use python i’m probably out…

4 Likes

would love to see that integration too

I use Voicemeeter Potato and am in the same boat. I’m only really looking to be able to control output devices for each input and volume, and any other features would be a bonus. I’m also a pretty novice python coder, and I’d love to try and help in some way. I’ve used the BarRaider Voicemeeter plugin on my Stream Deck for a few years and it works great for controlling nearly every feature in Voicemeeter, Voicemeeter Banana and Voicemeeter Potato by using the VoicemeeterRemoteAPI. It seems there are already a few python libraries that tie into the Voicemeeter API, so I might try experimenting with this. I don’t know too much about making HA intergrations, but I might try and make this tie into MQTT as that is probably easier for me to tinker with.

so i found hass.agent, set up mosquitto MQTT, and now i can control my computer (including media and wake-on-lan) from HA, and likewise control HA from my computer.

so far my voicemeeter ‘integration’ consists of some midi buttons mapped to VM macro-buttons which fire global hotkeys configured in hass.agent. i’m sure hotkeys isn’t the best way, but it’s a start

I may be able to investigate this soon but before I do must first learn lots more about home assistant integrations.

Did anything ever come of this?