Volkswagen We Connect Go and DATAPLUG

I have a VW car with a DATAPLUG Bluetooth device that works with a Volkswagen We Connect Go APP. Does anyone know how to get the data? Has anyone managed to integrate it? I have seen that there are integrations for those with Volkswagen “We Connect” that connect to a server and have serial connectivity. It would be interesting to be able to have these data from the bluetooth device in Home Assistant, such as battery voltage, tank level…

3 Likes

I’d be interested about this as well

I’d be interested for the DataPlug from Audi as well. In my opinion they should work quiet similar and Skoda provides a DataPlug as well so maybe those 3 could be combinded into one integration somehow.

For the VW custom_component there is an inactive issue for this with no decision yet: Support for We ConnectGO · Issue #309 · robinostlund/homeassistant-volkswagencarnet · GitHub

I’m using my Audi DataPlug for one week now and according to their data privacy policy they only transmit the data to their servers during a manual/automatic “full-backup”. With my very basic non-existent Wireshark skills I was not able to get any meaningful content during the backup transfer (could be possible that it’s transmitted as binary/encrypted as well).

I think the new first level Bluetooth features of Home-Assistant since version 2022.8 could be used here instead of cloud polling as well to at least get some useful data like tank level and mileage when the car is parked near the Home-Assistant system. (The new ESPHome Bluetooth Proxy could easily extend it to a garage.)

1 Like

It would be really nice if a cellphone with HA app could act as a BT proxy.

I have an audi with the dataplug and I see all data in the black “audi connect” app. But using the audiconnectpy package or the audiconnect-integration, I see the car, but I get no data like odometer or oil.

Busy working on Data Plugs and integrating it to online database dashboards should be done in a few days.

The device Data plug will be able to read most of your ECU data and send it to a online dashboard where you will be able to see live incoming data it will have a built in GPS with gyroscope etc.

You will be able to record and track almost anything on your car including locations etc.

1 Like

Has anyone been able to get this to work? Would love to get my Tiguan mk2 canbus data into home assistant. Torque integration does not bring information like fuel level, door lock status, oil temps etc