Volumio - How to play specified files or playlist or shuffle songs?

Hi, i would also be interested in this since alexa doesn’t work locally. In fact I would like to create a wifi speaker using a raspberry zero and volumio to be able to use it locally.

Hi Jochen,

how did you manage to add a radio station in volumio to a playlist?
I’m not able to and this post says it shouldn’t https://forum.volumio.org/radio-station-playlist-t11200.html.

Did you create the playlist somewhere else?

No I did it exactly that way. Add to queue and save queue.
I’m running volumio 2.555 at the moment though.

Thanks for the hint, it’s working fine :slight_smile:

Hi,

Being a complete novice and messing around with my HA setup and this plugin, I still can’t get it to work! Where should I put what, I figured out that I need to edit the configuration.yaml and the scripts,yaml files, but what should I put where?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Richard

Since one of the recent releases the Volumio integration can be setup via UI, so no more yaml configuration necessary.

In case anyone could be interested, I’ve found a way to directly play Tidal mixes without recurring to the REST API. Here is an example service call:

service: media_player.play_media
data:
  media_content_id: '{"uri": "tidal://mymusic/mixes/00248f6b59848bcbde1b47fc1695be", "service": "tidal"}'
  media_content_type: music
target:
  entity_id: media_player.volumio

You can find your mixes IDs by opening Tidal, then going to the mix context menu and copying the link.

FYI, I’ve found the media_content_id string format by enabling the Home Assistant logger integration, then manually choosing and playing a mix from the media browser, finally looking at the logs.

It would be interesting to get the media_content_id format to play Tidal playlists, albums, and so on.

Sorry to bump an old topic, but leaving this here in case anyone else googles the same thing that I did:

To play a file stored locally on volumio’s internal storage, you can do so using the media_player.play_media service with the following payload:

{
    "media_content_id": "{\"service\": \"mpd\", \"type\": \"song\", \"title\": \"your-sound-file.mp3\", \"uri\": \"music-library/INTERNAL/your-sound-file.mp3\"}",
    "media_content_type": "music"
}

the full service call looks like this:

service: media_player.play_media
data:
  media_content_id: '{"service": "mpd", "type": "song", "uri": "music-library/INTERNAL/my-file.mp3"}'
  media_content_type: music
target:
  entity_id: media_player.volumio
2 Likes