Volvo on Call HA integration stopped working

I think the question here is; did Volvo unlock the XC40 P8 Recharge in the API the integration is linked to? I have the same issue as you have @jeremyjaytaylor. My app is working, but I get the Unauthorized message in my HA log.

I’ll keep on searching through Volvo’s developers site to see if I can find out which API instance is used for the P8.

-update-

It seems the XC40 P8 Recharge is not included in the API yet. I get an Unauthorized response using Swagger on the Developers site of Volvo:

And there is also a clear statement in the Overview text:
“This API is a Beta release, and as such can be tested against your own vehicle but not published for general release. This API works for all connected cars up to model year 2021, excluding the XC40 Recharge BEV.”

Bummer news, but thanks for the reply @Atarian! Hopefully they include XC40 recharge in the future?!

I believe they certainly will ,but they probably want to roll-out the Volvo Car app completely and successful first and add more functionality and the API might be of lower importance. Although I can imagine that the app is using the API as well… oh well, patience I guess :slight_smile:

I am wondering though, i also have a XC40 P8, if home assistant will populate the components on the operating system of home assistant. The error the system throws are linking me to non-existing file structures i.e. /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/volvooncall/.

The components are the configuration.yaml are just as described here, is this also due to the authorisation not working or am i missing something here and should i download and place the files in the right directory structure?

thanks!

On XC40P8 you have the google android based system.

The same system is integrated in Volvos S/V90, V90CC and XC60 on yearmodell 22 so there will be the same problem with those models.

The system is a lot different from early cars. It doesnt use wirelesscars servers anymore and speaks directly to the car. When you are close to the vehicle it uses bluetooth communication.

I got a 2018 V90 Cross country. The integration is not working for me. The log:
Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved

17:14:18 – (FEL) components/volvooncall/init.py - Meddelandet inträffade först 11:43:54 och har hänt 330 gånger

Failure when communcating with the server: 401, message=‘Unauthorized’, url=URL(‘https://vocapi.wirelesscar.net/customerapi/rest/v3.0/customeraccounts’)

17:14:18 – (VARNING) /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/volvooncall/volvooncall.py - Meddelandet inträffade först 11:42:54 och har hänt 331 gånger

Any ideas?

The same here:

Logger: volvooncall.volvooncall
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/volvooncall/volvooncall.py:81
First occurred: 12:10:29 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:10:29 PM

Failure when communcating with the server:

I get this when using Postman

1 Like

Yep. I just tried it, and facing the same. V90 MY2017

Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/volvooncall/volvooncall.py:81
First occurred: 07:05:19 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 07:05:19

Failure when communcating with the server: 401, message=‘Unauthorized’, url=URL(‘https://vocapi.wirelesscar.net/customerapi/rest/v3.0/customeraccounts’)

Same here. XC40 PHEV MY2022, on app Volvo Cars everything is working fine

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/volvooncall/__init__.py:167
First occurred: 07:15:03 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 07:15:03

Error during setup of component volvooncall
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 254, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/volvooncall/__init__.py", line 182, in async_setup
    return await update(utcnow())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/volvooncall/__init__.py", line 167, in update
    if not await connection.update(journal=True):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/volvooncall/volvooncall.py", line 105, in update
    user = await self.get("customeraccounts")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/volvooncall/volvooncall.py", line 91, in get
    return await self._request(METH_GET, self._make_url(url, rel))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/volvooncall/volvooncall.py", line 76, in _request
    response.raise_for_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py", line 1000, in raise_for_status
    raise ClientResponseError(
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientResponseError: 401, message='Unauthorized', url=URL('https://vocapi.wirelesscar.net/customerapi/rest/v3.0/customeraccounts')

Just received my XC40 Recharge pure electric today,

I did setup the correct template I think

volvooncall:
  username: !secret my_email
  password: !secret my_pass

—no région setup since I’m in Ireland.

Restarted a few time but nothing at all….
So just to clarify, the XC40 is not compatible with Home Assistant yet (huge disappointment)?

Also unrelated but on the Apple Store screenshot, there is a “map” I assumed that the car had a GPS tracker, but when I’m login I don’t have this tab with the map… also not compatible?! (I miss my XC90 T8….)

I´m really new to all this but did som tests with Postman aswell and get most of the commands to work when using upper-case letters in the VIN number… When adding the integration to HA it´s required to use lower-case letters…

I am having a similiar issue, integration with volvo on call is working ok, I can see sensors for everything that is exposes. Issue is that I cannot remote start the engine or heater.

Logs of the error

url=URL(‘https://vocapi.wirelesscar.net/customerapi/rest/v3.0/vehicles/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/engine/start’)
2022-05-02 12:26:48 WARNING (MainThread) [volvooncall.volvooncall] Failure to execute: 500, message=‘Internal Server Error’,

Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/volvooncall/volvooncall.py:305
First occurred: 11:40:33 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:26:48

Failure to execute: 500, message=‘Internal Server Error’,

Does anyone have the same issue?

Which vehicle are you working with?

I have an XC40 2020, not the electric one.

Maybe this is the solution?