Volvo on call MY22

I have just picked up a MY22 Volvo and added the user and password to config but it’s not showing as an integration nor in the logs.

Has anyone added this integration recently?

Well, a year ago I added this integration, works well even today. Have you restarted HA?
configuration.yaml:

# ========= VOLVO ON CALL =========
volvooncall:
  username: .....
  password: .....

Yes I’ve restarted home assistant.

Username is my email. I’m assuming that’s correct as it’s how I log into the app.

Being android automotive I’m wandering if it’s no longer working with new cars.

In fact the log states it’s taking over 10 seconds after a reboot to set up but it’s still not visible 10 minutes after

I use my email as the username also as I use it for logging on into the app.

My car is fairly new: 2021 XC40 but not with android automotive

Yes, it takes a couple on seconds to start, but perhaps not 10

Edit: See this thread on GitHub:

Thanks for the link. I’ve added my issue to the post. It’s not clear to me whether it’s working or not for people with my22 cars.

Having a recent volvo car and integration is working fine.
The most difficult was to have the app running with correct user/pwd from Volvo (android version). Once the app is working fine , I just put the same credentials in HA and it works perfectly.
There are plenty of sensors and having one automations and notification for that car.

Have you been able to solve this?
I have the very same issue.
(changed the configuration.yaml and expected that the integration is installed automatically, but it isn’t:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/events.py:80
First occurred: 09:39:57 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:39:57

Setup of volvooncall is taking over 10 seconds.

I believe that my22 android system is not supported and won’t be supported by Volvo api

Alright - thanks for your quick response, Tim!

I am just starting using HA (formerly openhab) and I am still struggling with the general understanding about the architecture.

Did anyone here get anything to work with the new 2022 cars ?

I mean, it would be nice to be able to setup auto heating of the car based on a specific event (Eg: when I tell alexa to do so).

But these Google automotive volvo models are such a waste…

I don’t if there is a difference between 2020 and 2022 but it works with mine (2020).

I also see sometimes connection take over 10sec to answer … just a warning.

I also have 2021 and it works but it has not Android automotive installed.

On owner of 2022 model with android automotive, it may be a possibility to install HA companion ?

There is an updated API for the Volvos using Android Automotive. For example:

So someone needs to get the integration updated.

2 Likes

I saw this :

that has nothing to do with a volvo on call integration. It’s about HA app to be made available on android auto.

But some new cars use android automotive, is it not the same as android auto ?

Nope, android auto mirrors your android phone OS to your car. (just like apple car does). The phone is the brain.

Android Automotive is an OS running on the car hardware. :wink:

1 Like