Volvo2Mqtt: Connect your AAOS Volvo 🚙

Just to make it easier the next time my wife needs to fill in the otp code (its her car so she gets the email) I have made this conditionally visible card that will only show if the entities of the volvo are unavailable:

type: horizontal-stack
cards:
  - type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
      - show_name: true
        show_icon: true
        type: button
        tap_action:
          action: call-service
          service: hassio.addon_start
          target: {}
          data:
            addon: 982ee2c4_volvo2mqtt
        name: start add-on
      - type: entity
        entity: text.volvo_otp
visibility:
  - condition: state
    entity: sensor.volvo_yv1xzehr9r2280856_battery_charge_level
    state: unavailable
title: Reactivate Volvo

Done. Thanks for the heads-up!

Does anyone have any updates on the API working on North America?

1 Like

I have a 2024 XC60 Black, supports remote start on the app etc. However when I try to start the Air Conditioning I get the following error:

Jul 22 14:15:02 volvo2mqtt [106] - ERROR: API Call failed. Status Code: 404. Error: {
“error” : {
“message” : “NOT_FOUND”,
“description” : “climatization-start is not supported by this vehicle”

Not sure if I have missed something to change the Air Conditioning to remote start?

Works great, thanks! I am trying to make my own “Dog mode” and having the climate function turn on as soon as it turns off. I tried to make an automation that turns it on again after 35 minutes but it doesn’t work so well. Any tips or ideas?

This is my setup:

2 Likes

It’s been 8 months and still no support for US :broken_heart:
I miss this add-on

1 Like

I was also a little surprised by the response.
It didn’t even take 24 hours and they were very nice.

PS: I understood why the “(seriously)” :sweat_smile:
These days everyone gets easily offended, when in reality we’re really just saying something nice

1 Like

I have a slightly different vehicle (XC40 Recharge 2022) but on this one, for the same purpose of sending an alert when the car is left locked with a window open, I am using the binary_sensor.volvo_yv1xxx_engine_state entity to check if the vehicle is in use

WARNING: No working VCCAPIKEY found, waiting 10 minutes. Then trying again!
Access denied due to invalid VCC-API-KEY. Make sure to provide a valid key for an active application.

Am I right that it doesn’t work more often than it does?
I only get that the key is not valid. Very occasionally I get to see the actual data but that is very rarely. Do more people have this problem?

The goal is to set up an automation that sends me a message to my iphone when the car is 90% charged. I already have that automation but if everything is constantly unavailable then it doesn’t help me.

1 Like

You are not alone, same here :frowning_face: Their API is “improvable” (to say it polite)

I am new to this topic. I tried to set up my Volvo2Mqtt, after several different troubles which i was able to fix, I am now stuck with the same issue as above “Access denied due to invalid VCC-API-KEY”. Is this some general problem at the moment or is it just me and i have to recheck every configuration?

anyone any ideas?
Thank you!

Hi, I have this same issue.

I’ve read through all the comments on this post and some people have had this issue.
I’ve read that trying after a couple of days could make it work due to the API taking some time to make the keys to work (?).

I got it to work for a little bit a couple of days ago but after re-flashing my Home Assistant Blue I constantly get the “Access denied due to invalid VCC-API-KEY”.

Next step for me is to wait a couple of days and then try again.
Have you been able to get it to work?

I’m in Sweden with a V60 PHEV 2023.

No still not working so far, i tried all possible variations and also tried to set possible variations in the developer.volvocars.com but nothing seems to work.
Maybe contacting Volvo will help anything to find the source of the problem?

I have a XC40 BEV 2023 and I’m in Austria

I came back to have a look at this. I tried putting in the “auto” versions for the MQTT settings and it now works fine.

mqtt:
  broker: auto_broker
  port: auto_port
  username: auto_user
  password: auto_password

No, works not for me. MQTT works fine so that’s not the problem. Thanks anyway.

Today I tried again and it works!!
Same API-codes as earlier tries but now it worked.

I have also a better connection but it fails to update the data. Think I’ve got to be patient. :sweat_smile:

Aaaaaahhhh yes finally!! It works now. Force update and lock and unlock.
And my automation works like a charm!

Hi. When I’m trying to install this addon via HA, I’m getting the following error:
Can’t load profile 982ee2c4_volvo2mqtt: Can’t load profile ‘/usr/share/hassio/apparmor/982ee2c4_volvo2mqtt’: exit status 1

Any ideas?

worked for me too then, yay :slight_smile:

maybe it helped that i wrote an email to volvo developers, I never got an answer but maybe they fixed something now.

Same here. No response from Volvo. I think they approved the api calls.

Is the API supported in Australia? I thought it was just EMEA (on the Volvo end)…?