Volvo2Mqtt: Connect your AAOS Volvo 🚙

If we would not already have (dum)charger this would be my way to solve this.
But would prefer not to start replacing it even when it was “included” with house as its fairly new.

1 Like

Can anyone help me with this one…? I can’t seem to find the entity at all… Have been trying to work this out for months lol (Bit of a rookie)

I am. Sort of works, but not all sensors.
It’s a bit strange, because the debug log tells me that some of the “unsupported” sensors are present, but they are not showing in the HA app.

I’m posting my semi-monthly post sadly asking if maybe anyone in North America has gotten this working? Anybody? No? Is Volvo still forsaking us without any explanation or forecast for when it might be changed? Okay …

1 Like

Responding to your sad post with a similarly sad post - same here in Australia. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Same here in Canada, sad

If you’re in a region that is blocked from using the API (or even if you’re not but just believe that Volvo should communicate with its customers), please feel free to reach out to them via email and/or social media!

1 Like

Can anyone help work out how to use the exterior picture as part of a button card image.
If I manually use the entity_picture attribute it displays the picture correctly but the access token changes regularly.

I want the code to to use the state_attr so it updates dynamically but struggling to work out how to do it, can anyone help

var_image: >
            /api/image_proxy/image.volvo_yv1xzedven2745191_exterior_image?token=5f8c79c798a37926fa46e67fce6e9cf5f4b457ac6d5857d9da95de29c40d53b8

I use customize of entity

device_tracker.volvo_blabla_location:
  icon: mdi:car
  friendly_name: Volvo EV
  entity_picture: /local/img/VolvoEV.png

And you copy locally the file into /config/www/img/

I think you can do it same kind of way.

don’t know what’s going on. 10 emails with OTP code fill in the new one but the same thing all the time. What am I doing wrong.

after many tries i managed to get it working.

I have a EX30 and it’s not compatible with this addon or the official integration.
I’ve sniffed the application and it seems that it uses a completely different API (the same one used by Smart #1/#3, what makes sense).

I’ve contact Volvo Developers asking if the EX30 will be compatible with the current Public API.
They said that the EX30 data will be available soon and they will have an update after summer vacations.

Hope it uses the same API and all the same endpoints, so there’s no need to make changes on this addon

1 Like

I am sure the device tracker used to give the address where the car was located, but now it just seems to shows as “Home” or “Away”.

Did something change on the recent updates that I missed?

I can’t find the ignition switch status. (XC60 Recharge 2024)
I would need it because I would like to set up an automation system that sends a message when the car is locked and any of the windows remains open. This works, but the car locks even when I’m sitting in it, I’d like to rule that out.
How would you solve this?

Whoa, you got a reply from them!? I’ve sent like five emails asking about access to the API in certain regions and gotten only silence in return. That’s great - happy for you (seriously) …

1 Like

Just to make it easier the next time my wife needs to fill in the otp code (its her car so she gets the email) I have made this conditionally visible card that will only show if the entities of the volvo are unavailable:

type: horizontal-stack
cards:
  - type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
      - show_name: true
        show_icon: true
        type: button
        tap_action:
          action: call-service
          service: hassio.addon_start
          target: {}
          data:
            addon: 982ee2c4_volvo2mqtt
        name: start add-on
      - type: entity
        entity: text.volvo_otp
visibility:
  - condition: state
    entity: sensor.volvo_yv1xzehr9r2280856_battery_charge_level
    state: unavailable
title: Reactivate Volvo

Done. Thanks for the heads-up!

Does anyone have any updates on the API working on North America?

1 Like

I have a 2024 XC60 Black, supports remote start on the app etc. However when I try to start the Air Conditioning I get the following error:

Jul 22 14:15:02 volvo2mqtt [106] - ERROR: API Call failed. Status Code: 404. Error: {
“error” : {
“message” : “NOT_FOUND”,
“description” : “climatization-start is not supported by this vehicle”

Not sure if I have missed something to change the Air Conditioning to remote start?

Works great, thanks! I am trying to make my own “Dog mode” and having the climate function turn on as soon as it turns off. I tried to make an automation that turns it on again after 35 minutes but it doesn’t work so well. Any tips or ideas?

This is my setup:

2 Likes

It’s been 8 months and still no support for US :broken_heart:
I miss this add-on

1 Like