Volvo2Mqtt: Connect your AAOS Volvo 🚙

I was also a little surprised by the response.
It didn’t even take 24 hours and they were very nice.

PS: I understood why the “(seriously)” :sweat_smile:
These days everyone gets easily offended, when in reality we’re really just saying something nice

1 Like

I have a slightly different vehicle (XC40 Recharge 2022) but on this one, for the same purpose of sending an alert when the car is left locked with a window open, I am using the binary_sensor.volvo_yv1xxx_engine_state entity to check if the vehicle is in use

WARNING: No working VCCAPIKEY found, waiting 10 minutes. Then trying again!
Access denied due to invalid VCC-API-KEY. Make sure to provide a valid key for an active application.

Am I right that it doesn’t work more often than it does?
I only get that the key is not valid. Very occasionally I get to see the actual data but that is very rarely. Do more people have this problem?

The goal is to set up an automation that sends me a message to my iphone when the car is 90% charged. I already have that automation but if everything is constantly unavailable then it doesn’t help me.

1 Like

You are not alone, same here :frowning_face: Their API is “improvable” (to say it polite)

I am new to this topic. I tried to set up my Volvo2Mqtt, after several different troubles which i was able to fix, I am now stuck with the same issue as above “Access denied due to invalid VCC-API-KEY”. Is this some general problem at the moment or is it just me and i have to recheck every configuration?

anyone any ideas?
Thank you!

Hi, I have this same issue.

I’ve read through all the comments on this post and some people have had this issue.
I’ve read that trying after a couple of days could make it work due to the API taking some time to make the keys to work (?).

I got it to work for a little bit a couple of days ago but after re-flashing my Home Assistant Blue I constantly get the “Access denied due to invalid VCC-API-KEY”.

Next step for me is to wait a couple of days and then try again.
Have you been able to get it to work?

I’m in Sweden with a V60 PHEV 2023.

No still not working so far, i tried all possible variations and also tried to set possible variations in the developer.volvocars.com but nothing seems to work.
Maybe contacting Volvo will help anything to find the source of the problem?

I have a XC40 BEV 2023 and I’m in Austria

I came back to have a look at this. I tried putting in the “auto” versions for the MQTT settings and it now works fine.

mqtt:
  broker: auto_broker
  port: auto_port
  username: auto_user
  password: auto_password

No, works not for me. MQTT works fine so that’s not the problem. Thanks anyway.

Today I tried again and it works!!
Same API-codes as earlier tries but now it worked.

I have also a better connection but it fails to update the data. Think I’ve got to be patient. :sweat_smile:

Aaaaaahhhh yes finally!! It works now. Force update and lock and unlock.
And my automation works like a charm!

Hi. When I’m trying to install this addon via HA, I’m getting the following error:
Can’t load profile 982ee2c4_volvo2mqtt: Can’t load profile ‘/usr/share/hassio/apparmor/982ee2c4_volvo2mqtt’: exit status 1

Any ideas?

worked for me too then, yay :slight_smile:

maybe it helped that i wrote an email to volvo developers, I never got an answer but maybe they fixed something now.

Same here. No response from Volvo. I think they approved the api calls.

Is the API supported in Australia? I thought it was just EMEA (on the Volvo end)…?

It was supported globally. Around November '23 Volvo disallowed access from North America and Asia Pacific regions, and it hasn’t been restored. It’s suuuuuuper frustrating and Volvo is not responsive to any questions about it.

The message you’re replying to is from before that change.

I’m in Brazil and I’m having this error, could it be due to the region?

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: stopping
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
Aug 30 09:02:13 volvo2mqtt [106] - INFO: Starting volvo2mqtt version v1.9.6
Aug 30 09:02:13 volvo2mqtt [106] - INFO: Using login from token file
Aug 30 09:02:13 volvo2mqtt [106] - INFO: Refreshing credentials
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/volvoAAOS2mqtt/main.py”, line 15, in
authorize()
File “/volvoAAOS2mqtt/volvo.py”, line 105, in authorize
get_vcc_api_keys()
File “/volvoAAOS2mqtt/volvo.py”, line 245, in get_vcc_api_keys
set_key_state(key)
File “/volvoAAOS2mqtt/volvo.py”, line 274, in set_key_state
extended, extended_until = check_vcc_api_key(key)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/volvoAAOS2mqtt/volvo.py”, line 316, in check_vcc_api_key
logging.warning("VCCAPIKEY " + test_key + " isn’t working! " + data[“error”][“message”])

This API is not available for Brazil yet.

I’m getting some information from the car using Car Stats Viewer sending data to my traccar server.

mind sharing the code?

Anyone know the best way to create buttons for start charging (remote start button), stop charging (remote stop button), we already have enable and disable but not remote_start or remote_stop (yes I know we have services but shouldn’t it be easier for the user to turn this into a button?), entity to identify the active current and a slider to change the max_current.
I know we have services, but my skills aren’t the greatest to turn this into functional buttons, if anyone has a suggestion on how to do it properly I wouldn’t mind testing it.