VRMX1 (Leviton) and ZW4002 (GE/Jasco) pair but no variable controls available

I have paired both of these devices and they will “work”, but only as on/off devices. Each of them should support variability to some extent and this is at least partially indicated but the control option is not availble.

The Leviton switch pairs as a product with description “Scene Capable Push On/Off Dimmer” but the only control option is “Light” and the only control function is on or off. This is a dimmer switch that correctly pairs and operates with my different Vera controllers and it is an older device, so I’m surprised to NOT see the dimming capability.

The GE/Jasco device is a fan motor control paddle switch that supports “Low/Medium/High” and a straight on/off function. If you press the top or bottom of the paddle switch and release, it turns on or off depending on which side you press. If you press and HOLD, however, it will transition to higher or lower speed settings. It operates ONLY as an on/off device in HA while pairing and operating “somewhat” correctly in my Vera devices (it shows as a dimmer switch and sliding the dimmer through the various thirds will set it to low/med/high depending on the actual value - 1-33, 34-66, 67-100).

What am I missing?

Not sure if this helps but if you click the toggle button next to device name it will turn the device on and off but if you click the light bulb icon it will open a new window with a slider that allows you dim.

Actually, that might be the piece I was completely overlooking. These are the first two devices I’ve added to HA that support “dimming” and everything I was expecting to see was still based on how they appear in Vera by default (with a dimmer slider and NOT an on/off button).

Thanks for the sanity check. :slight_smile: