Vscode on home assistant core

Good afternoon!
Tell me, there is an instruction for installing vscode on Hass.io. I can not understand how to install on the home assistant core?

Hi, I’ve been watching your thread for 20 days, but unfortunately no answer. I guess it’s not straight forward.
I ended up mounting the pi filesystem on my laptop through sshfs and then using VSCode “locally”. Seems to work well, but only 24H experience :slight_smile:

You can’t. Hope that is straight forward. But some terminology issues maybe… Home Assistant Core isn’t HassIO. Anyway, if you are running HassOS as the base operating system (which would be Home Assistant) then if it’s the 64 bit version you can install the addon. That is the only way on a Pi. Raspbian is only 32bit so even if you installed HA Supervised you can’t run the addon as it will only be 32 bit. To use addons it has to be HA or HA Supervised…

1 Like

@shved86, I’m running Home Assistant Core in Docker on my Synology NAS, and was also looking for how to use VS Code with Home Assistant in this scenario. I suggest you take 20 mins to check the video VSCode in Docker for Home Assistant on Synology - #019 from BeardedTinker.

I had to map ports as he also explains is an option, as port 8080 was already in use on my server and I needed to target the latest VSCode version as version 2 no longer was available.

I’m following this video now - where can I find what VScode version to target? I get

manifest for codercom/code-server:v2 not found

Hi @Vintage89
Sorry for the late reply, but I’m targetting “codercom/code-server:latest”. I hope this will (or maybe already has) work for you.