Waiting for available socket (Chrome problem)

I often get this problem while I’m working on customizing my Lovelace UI/dashboards.

“Waiting for available socket”
Google Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I’ll be making changes and save them then after a few times the browser just hands with “waiting for available socket”. I can’t even edit cards when this starts happening. The only way I can fix this is to either wait 30-60 minutes or to go into Chrome settings and clear the data for the domain “<mydomain>.duckdns.org”. At that point I need to login and redo some setups like the side menu and so on.

This only ever happens for the Lovelace GUI. I never have or have had this problem with other websites.

This is getting really annoying.

1 Like

the same problem for me too, it just takes too much time to load or just times out. Did you figure out the issue?
Mine started after the latest update. Thanks!

I haven’t. I’ve been having this for much longer. I just now really got to posting a question about it.

Exact same issue here - I use the Brave browser which is Chrome based, but actually I think I have similar issues in the Edge browser. I wonder if I’m doing anything wrong like having too many “events” in my history or something weird like that.

Anyone able to help ?

I experience the same issue only sometimes and only when I am looking at my cctv lovelace tab.
I have around 10 cameras as picture-entities and that’s when chrome hangs.
Maybe, it has something to do with the number of requests in order to live stream the cameras.

Check if that’s the issue for you as well.

Closing the browser and opening again is the solution, in order not to wait that long.

This is a really annoying and happens all the time. Also noticed that it happens with the camera picture entities.

I found that flushing the socket pool in chrome solves this. You can access by typing this into the address bar - chrome://net-internals/#sockets