Waiting for the TAPO TP-Link integration!

Hello developers,
As I have a couple of devices that work great in the Tapo app on my android phone…
Unfortunatly I can’t find an integration for these ?
TP-Link KASA is there, why not a TP-Link TAPO ?
It’s a very fine brand that imo diserves some more attention :slight_smile:
If there’s anyone very smart that can tell me how to implement the following:
2 Plugs TAPO P100 v1.2
2 Plugs TAPO P100 v2.0
2 Bulbs TAPO L610 v1.0
1 Bulb TAPO L520E v1.2
1 Bulb TAPO L530E v1.0
1 Camera TAPO C210 v2.0 (Internal SD)
NO TAPO CLOUD SUB + Dynamic IP’s (WiFi 2.4)

Maybe Tapo is more European minded and therefore not as important as KASA ?
No idea really…
For all who are into Tapo… Shout !! :slight_smile:
Thanks
doc.

6 Likes

For Tapo cameras there is

en the other, maybe

1 Like

Hi mate,

Thanks for your input.
The camera is not very important as I’m 99% of time at home.
It’s the lights that are essential to hook up with motion sensors from Tuya.
Tuya is configured in HA and I do have the Nabucasa cloud…
What I don’t have, and is essential from that Github url you’ve provided, is a static IP & Tapo cloud.
Would it be that hard to implement the Tapo app I have on my galaxy phone into HA ?
I mean, the Tuya app implementation works like a charm in HA !
Same for Google Home in HA ! Works okay
I could pay for a Tapo cloud but this would not solve my dynamic IP issue…
Providers in Belgium only give static IP’s to bussinesses, individual households are stuck on dynamic…
I’ve asked but not even if I would pay like a bussiness they won’t give me one…
They can’t give me an answer why, it’s as it is…
Weird because government don’t change streetnames every month or even our house numbers ?
Only thing I want is to automate my lightbulbs when someone passes the sensor after sunset…
Or like when my Tuya smoke detectors get alarmed I want all lights to go on…
Google Home doesn’t detect all Tuya devices or automating them is not possible…
Bah

I would love to see an official integration too. It seems like a big enough brand too me to and there is already a developed custom integration too jumpstart the official build I guess.

3 Likes

I would love too. I bought a Tapo Matter switch thinking I will use it through integration until HA adds Matter, but I think I’ll have to wait :frowning:

I would like to see homeassistant integration for the Tapo products as well.

1 Like

It would be lovely an official tapo integration

The easiest way to achieve what you describe is to purchase Tapo motion detectors. I’ve purchased some with my Tapo lights and you can automate it thru the Tapo app very easily.

There is a solution for Tapo in HA

Where? I don’t see it

1 Like

Same I can’t find it either.

I was asking myself if this would get solved if I link the TAPO app to the KASA app ?
As there is a HA integration for KASA, no ?
Just now, I’ve seen this option to link at the TAPO app.
Pictures below…
I don’t have any KASA gear though but maybe could install the app ?
Someone smart here who can confirm if this would or wouldn’t work in HA ?
Thnx,
doc.
TAPO app > Profile > Link ??

I was able to find Tapo: Camera Controls.
Got to HACS, Select Integrations.
Now at the bottom right of the screen there is an option for “+ EXPLORE & DOWNLOAD REPOSITORIES”
It is blue on my screen
Select “+ EXPLORE & DOWNLOAD REPOSITORIES”
Search for Tapo
I had options for Tapo Controller and Tapo: Camera Controls
I selected Tapo: Camera Controls and download
Restart HA
You should be able to add the Tapo: Camera Controls integration from Devices and Services via “add integration”

I have Tapo devices (smart bulb, smart plugs) but no Kasa devices. When I try to “Link Tapo with Kasa” it tells me “No available devices. Make sure your Kasa devices are online”. Looks like its a one way link, however I concede it might work two ways if you have devices on both.

I think what it is referring to is each individual device needs local wireless static IP’s, not your internet connecttion, but I could be wrong!

Hi there is a tplink tapo integration in homeassistant, has anyone tried it? just want to be sure it works before i dive in and buy the hub plus motion sensors and temperatures etc. They’re very reasonably priced which is attractive but if its not integratable into hassio easily then no point. Thanks in advance.

i use this custom integration petretiandrea/home-assistant-tapo-p100: A custom integration to control Tapo devices from home assistant. (github.com) and it works perfectly for me. you just have to set up the device with your Tapo app and afterwards give the integration your username and password and the IP of your device you want to add. Its even (half) local then. But i only have TP-Link Tapo P100’s, so i cant tell you how good it works with other devices. They have a list of supported devices on their github page though

and I use the official integration with a plug - a P110 model according to Tapo app

I use the official integration, works with all my tp-link sockets, can’t speak for switches as I only have sockets.

Screenshot 2024-03-24 194427

I some of the plug-in outlet devices, including first gen TP-Link devices. As well as their in-wall switches and dimmers. So far they have been pretty good. The only issues I have had were related to wireless network issues related to my TP-Link Omada APs. Firmware updates on the APs and the controller have since resolved those issues.