Waiting on integrations to complete setup: myq - possible to remove myq while HA Core is down?

I had to restart my HA Core (due to installing the InfluxDB addon) and now it won’t come back up. I’m continually getting the following in the logs:

2021-02-19 16:16:12 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: myq

I assume the MyQ integration is having issues again but I can’t seem to move past this. Shouldn’t the setup eventually timeout?

Is there a way to force HA Core to start in Safe Mode so I can remove the MyQ integration? I’m fine just turning it off for now (and thinking of just removing it completely based on how often it has issues).

Are you sure there aren’t any other errors?

That’s a warning, not an error so I don’t think that will cause HA to not start.

Hmm, that’s a good point and yet it seems as though HA never came back up.

I just decided to restart it again and this time it came up and I’m getting this:

2021-02-19 16:18:34 ERROR (MainThread) [pymyq.api] Authentication failed: Error requesting data from https://partner-identity.myq-cloud.com/connect/authorize: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer
2021-02-19 16:18:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry '<email>' for myq integration not ready yet. Retrying in 5 seconds
2021-02-19 16:18:57 ERROR (MainThread) [pymyq.api] Authentication failed: Error  https://partner-identity.myq-cloud.com/connect/authorize: [Errno 104] Connectio
2021-02-19 16:18:57 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config eom' for myq integration not ready yet. Retrying in 10 seconds

The good news is that HA came up again though it keeps trying to setup the myq integration now. I tried to login to MyQ using the app and it also fails so I guess they are having a server issue or something.

Yeah, I got rid of the myq integration a long time ago.

I use a homegrown solution for my myq garage door.

And on the very rare chance that I need myq to work and HA doesn’t I can still use myq thru my phone app.

not working for me either. I’m going to move to a DIY solution as well and dump that integration as it always breaks (on their end of course)

Yeah, I’ve decided to mount it via HomeKit and I’m pretty sure that’s how I’ll leave it.

But how will that help you if it’s the myq site itself that isn’t working?

Won’t it still fail in both HA and Homekit if the site is down?

No, the HomeKit integration is local control from Home Assistant directly to the MyQ bridge.

Ah, I didn’t know there was a local only option.

All HomeKit devices are controlled locally. The question is whether or not your MyQ devices allows for HomeKit. Many do not. I bought the gateway which enables it.