Wake up iPad from HA?

Is there a way to use a motion sensor to trigger HA to wake up an iPad that is running the Ha app? I’m mounting an iPad on the wall and want it to wake up and display the HA dashboard if someone is nearby.

The HA part is probably trivial….it’s the how to wake the iPad part that I’m banging my head…

If you put your device in Kiosk or Guided Access mode a notification wakes up the IPad. You can configure HA to send a notification to that device if motion is detectes.

Wow that was easy! I didn’t know about guided access and once I enabled I just sent a random text string via service in the developer tool. Now I need to see if it will work without being in kiosk mode….

1 Like

In case anyone watching this thread has ever encountered a deeper sleep that won’t wake to HA but to notification list?

I tried guided access and kiosk mode through (Apple Configurator) and both can’t receive notifications from HA even though they’re set to in the Settings of the iPad. Have you done anything special to get them, to work? Once I deactivate the supervised or guided tour modes, the notifications are working.