Waking an iPad on iOS 12 from "deep" sleep back to HA instead of notifications list?

Hi, I came across several existing helpful threads that cover how to make use of HomeKit and Notification tricks to wake up a sleeping iPad. They seem to work fine, up to a point. But none seem to encounter what appears to be a “deeper” sleep my iPad mini 2 running iOS 12.5.7 enters after [some] hours of inactivity, e.g. overnight. It then stops waking to the app/safari and instead wakes to the notification list. Not a big deal I know, I just have to press home key to get back to the dashboard and it seems ok again until the next morning. But posting in case anyone else has come across a trick to get around that?

I don’t really want to leave the screen on all the time when no-one is present.

(Incidentally and just in case this helps anyone else who is thinking of doing similar with older tablets lying around; there are definitely issues with using some HA UI elements, either via the app or browser, on older OS, and especially with custom cards. These might limit significantly what cards you deploy to them. Something on one of my dashboards is causing the page to go blank, but not ‘off’, after a few minutes. A refresh fixes it, and other views don’t seem to fall over - so something about one of my cards is probably breaking the page… will need more investigation to pin down the offending card and look for a fix/remove it.)