Wake Word/Voice Quality of Life Improvments

I’d like to propose some upgrades to the voice pipeline and would also like to know how and where changes would need to be made in to make them a reality. I’m not really sure where to start as I currently am basing this off of my experience using MicroWakeWord on and ESP32 satellite, then communicating with the default HA conversation agent, with audio coming back out the ESP32 satellite.

1. Wake words and commands in a single sentence without a pause after the wake word.
  2. Being able to interrupt a satellite while it’s talking, to change the last command, or to issue a new/more commands.
  3. Keeping the mic feed from a satellite open for a programmable amount of time while and after it’s responding to a command for a more conversational feeling.
    4?. Not sure if this is already implemented, but being able to have multiple satellites in an area and if both pick up the wake word/command, picking whichever one the system determines to be closer to the person to use as the mic/speaker for interaction.

+100 for this. These features are the biggest thing stopping me from switching entirely from the Google ecosystem. I love what has been done with the local voice assistant, but these little improvements make the difference between a fun diy project and a genuinely useful device