Wall Mounted Dashboard (now known as HADashboard)

Few little style changes, I’m pretty happy with how it looks now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any progress yet on the dockerfile? Will it be for raspberryPi

This looks so awesome! Can’t wait to try it out. Thanks for taking the time to do this, Soul.

1 Like

No problem - has been fun! Refactored my code a bit so it’s cleaner today (I figured out how to do something once in the coffee that I was doing in 3 places on the server!), and I’m gradually pushing the changes to my fork of the project. So hopefully I’ll be able to fire a pull request soon :slight_smile:

Pull request created :smiley:

https://github.com/home-assistant/hadashboard/pull/7

1 Like

Got it thanks -will take a look soon :slight_smile:

What OS are you running on your RPi?

I was running raspian - I just moved over to Ubuntu on a Beebox N3000 - works perfectly on both.

I got a raspberryPI Dockerfile working: https://github.com/snizzleorg/hadashboard/tree/master/HADashboard-rpi

Excellent work! I see your PR, I’ll add to the next version along with the UBUNTU docker file.

@aimc thank you so much for your work on this project. It is soo much faster on low powered tablets (eg: kindle fire) than the polymer interface. I was wondering if it would be possible to update the fontawesome package included with the dash? There are a few icons that would be well suited for HA (the Bed one in particular would make a great icon for a bedroom group, for example) which have been added since 4.2.

I tried dropping the updated css and font files into the assets folder, but ran into some errors. I do plan on taking another swing at it when I get time, but I thought it would be prudent to reach out in case there was a specific reason this version was used?
In any case, thank you again for contributing this project.

1 Like

Hi there - glad you like it :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it’s a no go with the updated Font-awesome - I looked into this a few months ago and it requires some major changes to the Dashing framework itself, and sadly Dashing is no longer maintained.

Bummer. Well, I’m glad I asked before getting too deep into it. Appreciate the info!

I stumbled upon this: https://github.com/davefp/handsome have you ran across this as a possible replacement for dashing?

Thanks for the link I took a quick look …

It does look interesting but per the docs:

Handsome uses a polling model to update dashboards, 
while Dashing streams data using Server Sent Events.

This is a dealbreaker for me - polled updates are clumsy and slow and not what I want the dashboard to be!. I would certainly take another look if he implements a push API like Dashing has as it would be nice to get onto a live framework, however it would also be a total re-write which is a lot of work!

No problem. Keep up the good work. Whatever happened with updated dimmer widget?

This was a WIP by @chanders - it was looking really cool but he hasn’t posted it yet - I am ever hopeful :slight_smile:

Hey bud; hope the trip went well!

Any update on the alarm panel? Will that be merged soon?

In about 3 seconds …

Just pushed a new release:

Version 1.6

• Merge Haalarm widgets contributed by Soul
  • Allow Haweather units to be specified as a parameter

Breaking Changes

It is now necessary to explicitly specify the units for the weather widget or no units will be shown.

1 Like

Still looking at foreground color changes - its a lot harder than it looks. Also working on the Docker images but I need some more time to come up to speed on Docker before I merge them in.

Watch this space …

1 Like