Wall Mounted Dashboard (now known as HADashboard)

Yes, I was thinking the same - it causes a lot of issues so I will see about making it optional.

1 Like

I have my front end customised so the are not displayed unless I specify the sensor in my groups.yaml :slight_smile:

Hi. I have now made a fresh install of hass on my RPI with the RPI image. I have installed HADashboard, but when trying to start dashing i only see a black example screen.
This is what putty tells me:
pi@raspberrypi:~/hadashboard $ dashing start
Thin web server (v1.6.4 codename Gob Bluth)
Maximum connections set to 1024
Listening on 0.0.0.0:3030, CTRL+C to stop
192.168.0.16 - - [16/Dec/2016 15:38:59] “GET / HTTP/1.1” 302 - 0.0073
192.168.0.16 - - [16/Dec/2016 15:38:59] “GET /example HTTP/1.1” 200 12495 0.0349
192.168.0.16 - - [16/Dec/2016 15:40:00] “GET /example HTTP/1.1” 200 12495 0.0682
192.168.0.16 - - [16/Dec/2016 15:40:03] “GET /example HTTP/1.1” 200 12495 0.0781
^C/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/cli.rb:89:in system': Interrupt from /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/cli.rb:89:in run_command’
from /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/cli.rb:64:in start' from /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thor-0.19.4/lib/thor/command.rb:27:in run’
from /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thor-0.19.4/lib/thor/invocation.rb:126:in invoke_command' from /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thor-0.19.4/lib/thor.rb:369:in dispatch’
from /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thor-0.19.4/lib/thor/base.rb:444:in start' from /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/bin/dashing:9:in <top (required)>’
from /usr/local/bin/dashing:23:in load' from /usr/local/bin/dashing:23:in

pi@raspberrypi:~/hadashboard $ Stopping …
^C
pi@raspberrypi:~/hadashboard $

Anyone know what i need to do?

Nevermind. Did

pi@raspberrypi:~$ sudo gem install execjs
pi@raspberrypi:~$ sudo apt-get install nodejs
It fixed the problem

But now i have this problem when triyng to get the reboot working
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo update-rc.d dashboard defaults
insserv: warning: script ‘dashboard’ missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: script dashing: service dashboard already provided!

Anyone know what to do?
The dashboard file is empty, should it be that? Guide says nothing

EDIT: I’ve edited the entire post with the working config of getting both Dashing and hapush to run at boot

DASHING CONFIG
Here is what I believe is the correct config to get dashing to boot at start for anyone struggling with it.

pi@host:~ $ sudo cp hadashboard/init/dashing /etc/init.d
pi@host:~ $ sudo nano /etc/init.d/dashing

Amend the DASHING_DIR to point to your dashing location

NAME=dashing
DASHING_DIR=/home/pi/hadashboard
DAEMON=/usr/local/bin/dashing
PIDFILE=“$DASHING_DIR/$NAME.pid”
DAEMON_OPTS=“start -d -P $PIDFILE”
GEM_HOME=/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1

Then run the following commands

pi@host:~ $ sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/dashing
pi@host:~ $ sudo systemctl enable /home/pi/hadashboard/init/dashing.service
pi@host:~ $ sudo update-rc.d dashing defaults
pi@host:~ $ sudo reboot

HAPUSH CONFIG
Ensure you have the logs folder and hapush.log created and in your file system. The logging location is configured in /hadashboard/hapush/hapush.cfg

ha_url = “https://subdomain.domain.com:8123
ha_key = API_KEY_HERE
dash_host = “192.168.1.7:3030”
dash_dir = “/home/pi/hadashboard/dashboards”
logfile = “/home/pi/logs/hapush.log”

> pi@host:~ $ sudo cp hadashboard/init/hapush /etc/init.d
> pi@host:~ $ sudo nano /etc/init.d/hapush

Amend the DASHING_DIR to point to your dashing location

NAME=hapush
HAPUSH_DIR=/home/pi/hadashboard/hapush
DAEMON=“$HAPUSH_DIR/$NAME.py”
PIDFILE=“$HAPUSH_DIR/$NAME.pid”
CFGFILE=“$HAPUSH_DIR/$NAME.cfg”
DAEMON_OPTS=“-d -p $PIDFILE $CFGFILE”

pi@host:~ $ sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/hapush
pi@host:~ $ sudo systemctl enable /home/pi/hadashboard/init/hapush.service
pi@host:~ $ sudo update-rc.d hapush defaults
pi@host:~ $ sudo reboot

You should now have Dashing and hapush start on boot, you can check the hapush logs in the logs folder that you set earlier

2 Likes

This dashboard looks great, but I found another dashboard which is really nice and have quite a lot of widgets. Have a look here.

This is a thread about this dashboard - feel free to talk about other dashboards in a separate thread so people don’t get confused.

1 Like

Thank you for this guide, gonna try it as soon as i have time.
But why do i need to nano that dashing file when I don’t write anything in it, it’s just an empty file. Or am I missing something?

@perevers You’ll copy (cp) the dashing script from hadashboard/init to /etc/init.d/ using the first command (shown below for your refeerence)

pi@host:~ $ sudo cp hadashboard/init/dashing /etc/init.d

and then you will edit it as shown in the guide above :smiley:

Sory for that. What I really wonder is if it could improve Hadashboard or could be ported somehow. Take the number of widgets for example FHEM Tablet UI has 35+

there could be taken some ideas from it.
the amount of widgets isnt very important.
i can make 15 others for you in Hadashboard, but you probably would never use them.

i started trying out if i can make our dashboard a bit more slick looking like FHEM.
lots of things are possible, without even changing anything in HADashboard.

maybe we could look to find another grafikset that looks a little more slick.

but just some layout ideas taken from the other and done in HADashboard.

Thank you for explaining it to me.
I have just finish your guide, and everything is working. Thank you very much for your help.

I started facing a problem. Whenever i refresh the page both snapshot1_new and old files get deleted and if i check dashboard page for error i get http://192.168.0.211:3030/assets 404 (Not Found) . The camera image is not displaying also.It is working perfect in HA

Glad you got it working :smiley:

Can anyone please help. I tried everything but i am not able to get the cameras working on Hadashboard. Getting error
http://192.168.0.211:3030/assets Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)” if i inspect the page in chrome. If i change the ownership of the folder cameras to 775 both snapshot1 files get deleted ( i am just using 1 camera)

I need help with this error. Home assistant is up and running, and all gems and bundler seemed to install. What I use the dashing start command, this is the result:

pi@raspberrypi:~/hadashboard $ dashing start
bundler: failed to load command: thin (/usr/local/bin/thin)
SyntaxError: /home/pi/hadashboard/lib/ha_conf.rb:1: syntax error, unexpected tLABEL
$ha_url = http://10.0.0.8:8123
^
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/backports-3.6.8/lib/backports/std_lib.rb:9:in require' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/backports-3.6.8/lib/backports/std_lib.rb:9:in require_with_backports’
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:171:in block in require_glob' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:170:in each’
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:170:in require_glob' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing/app.rb:180:in <top (required)>’
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing.rb:3:in require' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/dashing-1.3.7/lib/dashing.rb:3:in <top (required)>’
config.ru:1:in require' config.ru:1:in block in ’
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rack-1.5.5/lib/rack/builder.rb:55:in instance_eval' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/rack-1.5.5/lib/rack/builder.rb:55:in initialize’
config.ru:1:in new' config.ru:1:in
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/rack/adapter/loader.rb:33:in eval' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/rack/adapter/loader.rb:33:in load’
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/controllers/controller.rb:182:in load_rackup_config' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/controllers/controller.rb:72:in start’
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/runner.rb:200:in run_command' /var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/lib/thin/runner.rb:156:in run!’
/var/lib/gems/2.1.0/gems/thin-1.6.4/bin/thin:6:in <top (required)>' /usr/local/bin/thin:23:in load’
/usr/local/bin/thin:23:in `<top (required)>’

And then it just goes back to terminal. Any help on this?

Thanks!

Also, merry Christmas Everyone!

Have you tried installing thin?

sudo apt-get install thin

i get htese errors and the package is installed:

Dec 25 17:58:18 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started Push events from Home Assistant to Dashing.
Dec 25 17:58:20 raspberrypi hapush[21890]: Starting daemon: hapushTraceback (most recent call last):
Dec 25 17:58:20 raspberrypi hapush[21890]: File "/srv/hass/src/hadashboard/hapush/hapush.py", line 8, in <module>
Dec 25 17:58:20 raspberrypi hapush[21890]: from configobj import ConfigObj
Dec 25 17:58:20 raspberrypi hapush[21890]: ImportError: No module named 'configobj'

Got a new Pi for Christmas. I am planning to install the dashboard on it. Are there any issues with having the PI on a separate system from HA that I should be aware of?

Just tried this, installed fine, but same error when I do dashing start