I haven’t got any smart home system yet but I am planning for my smart home system with home assistance. As a start, in addition to the cameras I will install around the house, I was thinking of replacing our existing wall switches (3/4 gang) in the house. When I think of replacing the light switches, my vision is to replace them with beautiful looking touch screens, same size as the current wall switches, which I would configure in many ways. To my surprise I’m finding it hard to find such product that just works as an additional device working with home assistance. The one that I find that comes close to functionality are these ones:
- The Mirror Range — Ctec Smart Home. It’s ugly, looks slow in the video.
- Brilliant Home Control (1-switch control) Doesn’t say works with Home Assistance.
My requirements are simple:
- Works with home assistance. I can potentially create custom switches, group configurations etc.
- Has a decent screen, minimum bezel.
- POE, no Wi-Fi or battery business.
- Wall mountable. Integrates well on the wall like a switchboard does, i.e. no flimsy tablet holder type of look.
- Doesn’t break wallet.
- Front only camera. Doesn’t have to be good quality, only for being able to answer smart door bell with video (if I can find one that integrates with home-assistance).
- No battery necessary.
- Small 7 inch device, minimum bezel
I’ve seen some posts in the community here that people have made amazing things using tablet, but I’m looking for something off the shelf.
Please provide a list of such devices if you’ve come across.