Wall switch that supports dimming

Hi im on the lookout for a wall switch that i can use with HA, so far i have only found nexa LWST-605.
I have a RFXCom that can receive the signals, but the switch only sends signals on pushes, so the only way i have found to dim is
1 push = turn on / off
2 pushes = dim until min/max or a third push…
The switch itself does not control the light it just sends signals.

So is there any light switch that does this in a better way the best thing would be
1 fast push = turn on / off
keep pressed = dim
Also it should fit in the same place as our current wall switches

Im using IKEA trådfri to dim the lights, but the switches they have don’t have the wall switch look im after…
Edit: so Wifi or 443 MHz would be nice, but i could get a z-wave controller if needed.

I have a Fibaro Dimmer which works so that 1 push is on (to last dim level)/ off and if I press it longer it dims or brightens until released. You can use the dimmer unit with any momentary action wall switch.

I want to control the dimming in HA, does the Fibaro Dimmer send the signal to HA or does it change the current to dim the light?

Looking for the same thing, haven’t found anything yet but I too want HASS to control the dimming, not the current from the switch.

1 Like

You can control the dimming both with the switch and in hass.

I think i found an alternative that would fit my case, the Nexa WT-2, i have no idea if its compatible with RFXCom, but thay are so much cheaper than Z-Wave devices so i guess ill just give it a try.

Sadly the rfxcom only receivers the on/off commands not the dimming commands, so the WT-2 did not solve the issue.
Tried both the Ext and Ext2 firmware.

I have talked to the maker of the RFXCom and it seems they are not interested in solving the issue with Nexa WT-2 dimming signals…

Might help if others also ask him why it doesn’t work…

I my guess is that the problem is that when you hold down a button on the Nexa WT-2 it sends multiple identical signals in close succession and the RFXCom filters out identical signals that where received within some time span, and each new signal refreshes the time span.

Does any one know if the RF link supports the Nexa WT-1/2? Or if that has the same issues?