Wallbox pulsar plus integration?

I compared voltage graphic with wallbox charging power.
-When car start charging at 11kwh charging power, voltage in each phases are around 232-233,
-when car stop charging at 9.5 kwh charging power, voltage in each phases are around 229-230. There are not huge differentiates. Why voltage could go down slowly, when I start charging? :thinking:

Is anyone having the intermittent charging power resurface? Mine seems to have reverted after a firmware update.

@Deedzy - I am sticking with v5.13.11 come hell or high water. Charging power is rock solid and I see no reason to change. There was also a whisper that later versions will automatically update, which I certainly donā€™t want.

I very seldom use the Wallbox app any more, now I have HAā€™s Energy Dashboard running.

1 Like

Your wallbox can provide the 11kw at the start of the charge so doubt itā€™s the charger. Perhaps itā€™s the car? For my Enyaq they released a firmware update recently which also had an effect on charging speed (they call it ā€œbattery careā€ ā€¦ More likely warranty liability related though)

Would check user forum of the ioniq if people have similar experience and potentially check behavior at a different (public) charger .

1 Like

I think the slow drop of voltage has nothing to do with you charging. You can see that that drop fits the general shape of the curve over the longer period. While you are charging there is a consistent additional drop down from that general shape caused by the mains wiring resistance. That drop is very small, you are lucky to have good cabling into the house!

As for the charging current slowly going down, I would say that is the car. Maybe protecting the battery or maybe temperature controlling the on board charger.

1 Like

I havenā€™t researched deeper but my assumption is that it will be user opt-in. There are also ways to downgrade.

1 Like

When car charging is consistent at 5.5kw.

Iā€™m going to see if this works with a SB7200 smart battery and see how it goes early next month. As it still goes through the redback app it might just work as well.

@BigByte76 I suspect this will work as my integration code connects to the Redback API to download the data, which is the same data source as the app. You will need to request API access from Redback support if you havenā€™t already got access. It comes with a client ID and secret key that provides secure access to your data via the API. If you get that far then let me know, I would like to see some sample data so I can be sure the integration will work for battery-only systems.

wallbox-ble update: esphome support landed in 2023.3.0. HA has bumped the esphome libraries to be compatible but not yet merged the support for the bleak client. Iā€™ve added a hacky workaround now that allows you to test the integration using a btproxy using esphome 2023.3.0+HA 2023.3.5.

3 Likes

Alternative local apiā€™s update: Given recent developments about the Easee chargers ā€“ which apparently wonā€™t charge your car without their cloud up and running?! ā€“ I went ahead and implemented a prototype of a local mqtt client for the Wallbox that publishes and allows for control of locking and charging current. First time testing out mqtt but it seems nice enough!

Iā€™m still not sure which approach is the right one: BT, Rest API or MQTT?

• BT is supported by the vendor but has limited range, is quite slow to connect and requires polling.
  • Rest API also requires polling but works over wifi and is a standard way of connecting things without additional setup.
  • MQTT can push data when things change but requires a broker.
2 Likes

Well, if I look at it from a wider perspective, the only one that doesnā€™t seem to fit is BT. While it is true that it is supported by the vendor, it doesnā€™t play best with HA.
APIs is by far the most straightforward way to do stuff, and MQTT is likely to be there for many setups, and has the advantage of being technically the chosen standard for integrating IOT. If I had to choose, Iā€™d rather have a device that I control via a set of direct APIs.

Thanks for input.

Itā€™d be cool to follow some standard for the API but go-e (which are the only chargers with an open api?) doesnā€™t look super nice.

I forgot to add modbus-tcp as an alternative. Polling but good support in HA even without custom integration.

For some reason Wallbox seems to be ā€œdisconnectedā€ most of the time. This is not HA issue and Iā€™m wondering if anyone else is seeing same thing? Started couple of days ago and in last 24h lots of ā€œdisconnectedā€ until wallbox is back online. At the same time wallbox has been connected to wifi ap whole time and wallbox mobile app shows not connected.

Thank you for working on local control options for WallBox/HA (!)

I have two WB Pulsar Plusā€™s that I am controlling via Node-red. It would be really great if the control could be fully local - Rest API, MQTT or ModBus TCP would all be good if there was an integration allowing this control :slight_smile:

I also suffer from occasional charger ā€˜disconnectedā€™ or ā€˜unavailableā€™ despite close by wifi APā€™s - which I hope may be eliminated with local controlā€¦

Brilliant! It seems to work for me using an esp bt proxy.

Hello to everyone and kudos to the contributors of this project!

I was wondering if it would be possible to add sensor.wallbox_portal_energy_price as a number entity as it is possible to edit this from the app without BT connection? Then you could update it with the likes of Nordpool integration to match the actual electricity price and get accurate cost data.

This may be totally redundant if used with Jonas Karlssonā€™s EV Smart Charging as I am planning to do, but I can not confirm that myself yet as I am still missing the EV part of this whole endeavor and canā€™t fully set it up yet :sweat_smile:

I donā€™t know what could be wrong here, but while the bt proxy can find the wallbox_ble I still only get the 4 entities as grey and not available.
Could it be the device I use as proxy (an esp32 D1 mini replica) ? Or maybe some settings? Or do I have to disable the official wallbox integration in order to use the ble one?

Whatā€™s in the logs? Check with debug output enabled:

logger:
  logs:
    custom_components.wallbox_ble: debug

Perhaps an obvious question, which version are you on? You need ha 2023.03.05, esphome 2023.03 and the latest main of the integration.

I was on dev at first, no luck (same as you, grey) but as soon as I moved to 2023.03 esphome it worked