WallPanel for Android [Formerly HomeDash]

Battery is working so I’m good to go. I think I am having a conflict with IP Webcam though. I’ll leave it on WallPanel display and sometimes when I walk by it is on the IP Webcam display… hmm

1 Like

Next version is slated to have camera streaming so… shouldnt need two apps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for making this. I love it! Can you create a readme for the motion detection settings?

What kind of help are you looking for? The luma/etc stuff is pretty vague to me too :slight_smile:

Status update >> the 0.6-dev branch has MJPEG streaming and face detection enabled. The MJPEG streaming is not currently stable but I think I have a sense of why. But, it’s moving along :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Greatness! Thank you @quadportnick

I am unable to connect to mqtt from HA server. Getting error connection refused
mosquitto_sub -h 192.168.0.220 -u username -P abcd -t ‘#’ -v

I have changed the topic to # for testing on wallpanel. Can anyone help how to connect. I already have local mosquitto running on HA server

I assume MQTT is working from the HASS server? Is this mosquitto or the HASS broker? What does that config look like?

I’m not sure many brokers let you subscribe to just # because of the overhead of doing so. What topic is WallPanel using? You could do wallpanel/# or such

I can get the front camera selected in motion settings. I have a Note10.1. There are 2 options but both options show the back camera. Ideas?

That’s… interesting… once this camera code update solidifies I’ll see about digging into that. Really it’s all rewritten at this point anyhow.

I’m asking the device for its cameras, but I know now how to display better information in that dropdown. But whats annoying is it really comes down to the cameras have an ID# (0, 1… typically) and I’m querying to get those, and that’s what I ask for, so that’s kind of a bizarre thing. But every hardware does something that defies expectations it seems so we can work on that :slight_smile:

EDIT: are you comfortable with Github? Can you open an issue on the project?

Issue opened. I also opened an issue about mqtt commands. I can control the tablet via REST but not mqtt. Does this look correct?

TOPIC:
wallpanel/kitchen_tab/command
PAYLOAD:
{“wake”: true}

In theory that should work. Sanity checks:

• What do you have as your MQTT settings in the app
  • Does the motion detection open wake the screen OK?

Nice!
What is the status on the ‘bypass lockscreen’?
I’m using a fire tablet and would love to activate the motion detection, so I can put the tablet in a wall mount😀

That’s coming but I don’t have a promise on what I can or can’t do yet

But. When I get home I will hit you up as I may in my notes have a hack that you can disable the lock screen with on FireOS, but IIRC you have to be rooted first so. Maybe that isn’t viable to ya.

These commands got rid of the FireOS lock screen to me. Need to USB it to a computer and have adb available, and probably Developer mode needs to be turned on. I am not sure if this needed root honestly. I know I have BEEN rooted. I guess it will give permission errors if so:

adb shell sqlite3 /data/system/locksettings.db "UPDATE locksettings SET value = '1' WHERE name = 'lockscreen.disabled'"
adb shell sqlite3 /data/system/locksettings.db "UPDATE locksettings SET value = '0' WHERE name = 'lockscreen.password_type'"
adb shell sqlite3 /data/system/locksettings.db "UPDATE locksettings SET value = '0' WHERE name = 'lockscreen.password_type_alternate'"

Great! I will try it as soon as i get home. Let you know if it works.

0.6 update… MJPEG seems ok enough now, I think my issue was I was pushing that slow tablet too hard with multiple streams :slight_smile: So there will be a stream limit (default 1). It’s also handling Face detect with optional wake (its only as good as what your device is capable of and how good the lighting is so maybe another lib in the future), and QR code scanning is in there now (that seems pretty reliable). Sensor code was rewritten and it will post temp, light, magnetic field (???), pressure, and humidity IF the device has sensors identifying as those.

Doing a lot of cleanup and fit and finish stuff looking towards the 1.0 product so… I expect 0.6 to hit next weekend.

3 Likes

Too bad, gave permission errors…
I hope you release a version with this ‘problem’ solved soon :slight_smile:

haha I hope so too. There will be a small, unannounced thing in 0.6 that may make a difference… trying something that claims to be deprecated but I see mixed answers out there, it sounds like on of those every-android-is-different things.

Everyone… I have posted a 0.6 release, better to ship something than to wait forever for perfect :slight_smile:

0.6 updates:

API minimum lowered to API16 (Android 4.1)
New camera features:
MJPEG Streaming (/camera/stream URI)
QR code detection (will post as an MQTT sensor)
Face detection (will post as a MQTT sensor)
Motion detection MQTT sensor will set back to false on its own
Face detection wakes the screen option
MQTT posted sensors list is now temperature, light, magneticfield, pressure, humidity – IF the device has these sensors

2 Likes