WallPanel for Android Redux

This is an issue with Android WebView. I think here is a way to ignore security errors but I will have to update the code and test this. When you mention Crosswalk, are you selecting that specifically from the settings? Crosswalk is for older browsers, most of the time you would be using a version of Chrome. Either way, the option to ignore security errors needs to be added and tested.

Upon additional research I am not sure I can do anything to help fix this issue as it seems the issue may be with the certificate you are using. There is more information from the Crosswalk issues: Request was denied for security (net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE) Ā· Issue #187 Ā· crosswalk-project/cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview Ā· GitHub

Load the new application the same as you did the old version, donā€™t use Google Play to install it and maybe this will deal with the cert issues. Other than that, there is nothing different about the new version browser settings for Crosswalk or Native Browser that would deal with certificates. The warning seems legitimate though, the cert is signed to work with a specific domain right, so if you try to load a site through an address not associated with the cert than the warning would appear. You can try switching to automatic for browser settings, maybe it will use Chrome instead.

There is a command to clear the cache remotely using MQTT or HTTP and also one to reload the URL. You may be able to clear the cache and then send a new url remotely to solve the issue, check out the docs:

When I installed the previous app I used an .apk file. I canā€™t seem to find one on the GitHub for the new version. After I updated the app today I was able to go onto google and switch between pages. Before it only showed up blank. When I search for WebView in the google store it says disabled and that the app may not be optimized for my device. Canā€™t seem to be able to enable it. When I tried to open HA Dashboard in the app after updating today, the app kept crashing. Iā€™ve switched to TileBoard because of the issues with HA Dashboard not switching pages. It works fine so far. I donā€™t know about the other issues. Maybe my tablet is too puny :laughing:

I did push out an update today so see if that helps. On the GitHub project page go to releases and the apk file will be available under the latest release

Does anyone have the issue of the screen not sleeping? If I have the option to keep screen awake this works fine, But when I turn the option off my screen will only dim not turn off completely. Tested on a Samsung S8+ and a Huawei p9. It was working fine until about two updates ago.

All fixed with latest updateā€¦ cheers

Would it be possible to make it so the wake command could delay the sleep timer if the screen is already on. Sometimes the screen turns off right after home assistant has sent the wake command, because the screen is already on.

Doesnā€™t this depend on your deviceā€™s sleep settings? If you have a low setting, its going to put the device asleep sooner after remote wake.

This issue has been resolved in the latest release. Thanks

What I mean is that if I have a sleep timer of say 15 seconds. When HA sends a command to WallPanel to wake the screen (for example to show a notification), the screen stays on for 15 seconds. But if HA sends a message again after say 13-14 seconds, the screen turns off immediately after showing the notification. Because the screen was already on when the wake was sent. That is why I was wondering if itā€™s possible for the wake command to somehow reset the sleep timer if the screen is already on.

The only way to do as you want is request a certain amount of time for sleep. So its actually working as designed because of the low sleep setting on your device. Currently there is no setting to allow a custom wake time when receiving a remote command. You are welcome to add a feature request on the Github project page and itā€™s possible it gets added in a future update: https://github.com/thanksmister/wallpanel-android/issues. Thanks!

Maybe as a workaround I can increase the wake time to 30 seconds, which seems reasonable if you remote wake the device.

@thanksmister

I just tried loading Wallpanel on an older Samsung Tab2 w/4.1.2 and unfortunately all I get is a blank white page with a blue bar across the top. I tried reading through the previous posts and saw some similar issues but didnā€™t really see a resolution. If I replace my HA url with http://google.com it works in wallpanel. Seems like only my HA url of http://192.168.x.x:8123 doesnā€™t work. Any ideas of what I could try?

You could try switching the browser in the settings to see if it works with an older browser. The problem you are experiencing is the compatibility of the built-in Android browser (I mean built into the actual Android application) and the web page you are trying to render. Other possibilities are to use a custom dashboard like LoveLace or HADashboard. You might also check if there is an updated WebView component in the Google Play store for your device.

When you say switching browser do you mean choosing between webview and crosswalk? I didnā€™t see anywhere else the browser could be changed. I also tried Lovelace but that didnā€™t work and Iā€™ll try HADashboard to see if maybe that works. I also updated Webview, it is currently v 3.3.3.

***Edit - interesting, HADashboard worked.

Yeah, its really an html/css compatibility issue, your browser support is just getting outdated.

Hi! i have used this app for a while and it works great on booth a samsung galaxy s6 and on samsung galaxy tab 2, how ever, i tried today to get TTS and QR code to work, and i cant.

i have scanned the MQTT with MQTT.fix and no QR sent from the wallpanel. it detects the code in the app when in ā€œtest cameraā€ from the galaxy tab.

The TTS is just silent from both of the panels.

any ideas?

br

Do you have an example of how you are calling TTS, your MQTT. Also what do you have in your HA configuration yaml to receive QR code?

Hi!

I have used the examples

{"topic":"wallpanel/mywallpanel/command", "payload":"{'speak':'Hello!'}"}

When I change to eg wake, it works so the communication seems to work.

Yes I have added

sensor:

• platform: mqtt
    state_topic: ā€œwallpanel/mywallpanel/sensor/qrcodeā€
    name: ā€œQR Codeā€
    value_template: ā€˜ā€™

To my config. No data appears and I canā€™t se any qr traffic when I scan the mqtt. I see the other traffic.