I recently volunteered to take over and revamp the WallPanel project (formerly HomeDash) from @quadportnick. WallPanel is an Android application for Web Based Dashboards and Home Automation Platforms.
I have added TTS support and did some improvements to the face and motion detection. It may have bugs since I am the only one testing it, but its a start. You may recall I am also the developer of the MQTT Alarm Control Panel, an Android (and RPi 3) project for Home Assistant’s MQTT Manual Alarm Control or other MQTT platforms. I am hoping to combine some of the features of both projects in future updates.
- Web Based Dashboards and Home Automation Platforms support.
- Camera support for streaming video, motion detection, face detection, and QR Code reading.
- Google Text-to-Speech support to speak notification messages using MQTT or HTTP.
- MQTT or HTTP commands to remotely control device and application (url, brightness, wake, etc.).
- Sensor data reporting for the device (temperature, light, pressure, battery).
- Wake device on motion or face detection.
- Continuously runs in the background (using ongoing notification).
Community Page: https://community.thanksmister.com/c/wall-panel-app/