Want to insert boolean instead of lightning

Hi - I’m getting started with HA and I’ve connected my Telldus Live! components. For all my switches I’ve now got lightning and I very much would like to have boolean (if that’s what it’s called) instead since it looks alot smoother. Where do I configure that and how?

Do you mean this?

Not sure - boolean

Is that what I want?

Any one who can help me?
Should I type
input: boolean, or is it something else? If I’m inserting this somewhere, is it in the groups or customization?

Not sure what you’re trying to achieve here, but if you want to change the icon that is displayed for each switch or light you can change it in the customize.yaml file:

switch.kitchenplug:
  friendly_name: Pump Plug
  icon: mdi:power-plug
switch.hs110_3:
  friendly_name: Furnace Plug
  icon: mdi:radiator
light.lb100_2:
  friendly_name: Balcony Light
  icon: mdi:white-balance-sunny
light.patiolight:
  friendly_name: Patio Light
  icon: mdi:spotlight-beam

what I’m trying to achieve is to change “the switch” from being two separate lightning-icons to instead be a “smooth” switch. I already assigned icons and friendly names. switch. If you compare the pictures you might get hat I’m looking for to change, sorry if I’m not being specific enough.

Add to customize.yaml something like this:

input_boolean.test_switch:
  friendly_name: Switch
  assumed_state: false

assumed_state: false is what you looking for.

Hmm, thanks for the input but it didn’t do the work,the lightning is still there event though I put your suggestion in the customize.yaml-file…it’s not something I should put in the configuration.yaml? I thought this would be an easy thing to solve :slight_smile: any suggestions?

you’ll have to set the states of the switch under customize_glob statement:

"switch.*":
  icon: mdi:power-socket-eu
  assumed_state: false

Okay - now I understand.
I must say, I always had switches - or lights, binary switches, Wake On LAN, automations, etc. for that matter - displayed as the left/right icons shown by @elRadix.
Without any configuration or customization. Maybe the Telldus Live! component is the culprit - not sure how to tackel that, though - sorry.

There seems to be a bigger issue with Telldus in V0.57+ as well:

I searched the forum and found this

1 Like