Want to read RF temp sensor AND control Somfy RTS - What hardware?

Question is in the title really, I ready that 433.92 is needed for normal RF and 433.42 for Somfy - How does everyone integrate both? I gather HA can’t deal with two separate RFLink gateways.

have you had a look at the RFXTrx433E

Currently not available, very expensive, rflink compatible?

Looks like it’s been replaced with the RFXtrx433XL. What country are you in?
It’s available here or here. Feel free to do a search closer to home…

You just asked for a device that does both…

You probably won’t need the rflink after that since the rfxtrx will replace it as a transceiver.

Looks like it’s been replaced with the RFXtrx433XL. What country are you in?
It’s available here or here . Feel free to do a search closer to home…

UK. How easy is it to set up?

You just asked for a device that does both…

Still very expensive when you’re used to Sonoff and ESPHome!

You probably won’t need the rflink after that since the rfxtrx will replace it as a transceiver.

I don’t have any experience with either; it just looked like RFLink was more compatible/easier/cheaper to play with and the HA integration looked easier.

Sorry for a bit of drift here but how the heck do you quote my username when you reply?! :rofl:

fairly easy. Did mine about 8 years ago so can’t quite remember how it went. I’m running in docker so you need to pass the USB device through the container for it to be available for HA, check my docker-compose file if you need help.
Also it helps setting a symlink to have a fixed name for the USB device, as opposed to ttyUSB1
Then follow the config as per the doc

It’s a hub, not a device like a sonoff, so it costs more.

I have no experience of the RFlink either, been using the rfxcom for many years without issues. firmware gets updated relatively often so good support from the manufacturer

Select the text from a previous post, then click on “quote” that pops up :wink:

1 Like

Food for thought then. Thanks on the quote icon; never spotted that!

Maybe this post can help you

Thanks; I’d already seen something similar but I think the poster was just lucky with the 433.92 devices working from the 433.42 transmitter. I’m looking for a way of adding two RFLink devices to HA, one on each frequency. Surely this is easy, much like adding two Hikvision devices? Is it something that could be requested for a future HA update?

Failing that it’s either adding both RFXCom and RFLink and using one on each freq (costly) or running a second instance of HA (I run virtualised) with a second RFLink rig and using something like remote_homeassistant platform?

EDIT: Done a bit of homework on using an MQTT broker in the middle of a second RFLink… Reckon I might give that a shot, at least if it doesn’t work out I’ll have an Arduino to play with!

Did you manage to fin a solution to transmit on both frequencies using RFLink?

Nope; ended up modding a Sonoff RF Bridge and doing all my normal stuff with that and ESPHome. Cheap and effective enough for my needs.

So no control of Somfy RTS?

Sorry, yes I do control them but not via RF; via the original remotes and using ESPHome to ‘press’ the buttons on it. Check out here. Still rock solid.